Chapter 22📷Back on Track

I begged Jax to cancel my party but he refused. All I wanted was to climb in bed and watch friends with a pint of ice cream. I had never been close enough to anyone to feel the type of pain I was feeling. I truly believed Milo would give up his stubborn ways. It seemed as though Todd had taught him well. A large part of me wanted to fight for him the way he did for me. On the other hand, I was completely serious when I told him I couldn't live in the past anymore.

"Have you thought of a name for her?" Jax asked, putting the purple collar on my new puppy.

Sitting on my bed, I analyzed the wrinkled fluff before me. The only thing that came to mind when I looked at her was snow. That led my mind to Milo and our trip. Despite trying to move forward I had the perfect name for her.

"Aspen," I told Jax, receiving a look of pity in return. "I know. I can't help it." Jax looked over the puppy and sighed. "It really does suit her. Aspen it is. Now time to get dressed."

Jax handed me two more gifts. Those men of mine were spoiling the hell out of me. I opened the one on top to find a pair of silver glittering stilettoes. They were ah-ma-zing. Next, I pulled out a purple strapless dress. The amethyst shaded dress was a perfect match to Aspen's collar, all the way down to the material. It was beautiful. Though, I wasn't sure I was comfortable with how revealing it was.

"Honey... You do realize I'm not actually your doll...right?" I teased him.

"You know, damn well,  you're my life-size doll. Just accept it so we can move on." Laughing, he slid off the bed and pulled me to my feet."Go get in those duds while I go give Aiden my approval. You two have no fashion sense"

Once I was in my bathroom, pulling the dress up, I heard 'Our Beefcake' booming through my empty room. My first instinct was to ignore Milo. However, I couldn't fight my drumming heart. I nearly fell face-first into my nightstand, trying to get to it quick enough. Blowing my disheveled hair out of my eyes, I answered.

"I think we said everything that needed to be said, Milo"

"Just give me five minutes."

"You can't keep doing this to me," I mumbled.

"Please, Laynie. I'm outside."

"I don't live there anymore." I sighed, feeling slightly disappointed.

"I know, I called Kace after figuring that out."

"Well, I'm not home." I quickly hung up and went back to stretching the skin-tight dress over my boobs. I wasn't sure what Milo wanted, but I refused to play his game of cat and mouse any longer. Struggling to reach the zipper, I heard my door open.

"Jax, this dress is a pain in the ass! Help! Milo is-" When I felt a soft touch on my shoulders, I knew it was him. I inhaled quietly, telling myself to breathe.

"Laynie...please...I need you to hear me out." The stubble on his chin skimmed my jaw as he whispered in my ear.

"Fine. Five minutes." I warned, pulling away. The sting of his rejection was still throbbing in my mind. No matter what my heart was telling me. I walked into the bathroom and started running a brush through my hair.

He moaned as he followed me in. Sitting on the edge of my tub, he put his head down. "I have a reason for staying away, Laynie, and I need to tell you, but I'm not sure how you're going to handle it."

"Just spit it out. I'm tired of this." I snarled, walking back into my bedroom to grab my makeup bag. When I tried to squeeze past him in the door, he made no effort to make room for me to slide back by. He even had the nerve to put his hand up in an attempt to block me. "Three minutes Milo. I have a party to get ready for."