Chapter 1: The Tiger Princess

Just know if you are reading this chapter ,I edited it. I felt like it was terrible enough. I wrote this two years ago so I am proud to say that my way of writing has improved but not the best. For those who have already read this book, nothing will change. I may add little things here and there but it will all be the same. ENJOY!!😁😁😁

Welcome to my story, my life. I don't know why you decided that you wanted to pry into my life because that is really annoying but I get the reason why you wanted to. My life isn't normal. It has never been normal, well at least from the day I turned twelve. Wait, a little bit after that. But let me start from the beginning when my life does get really interesting.....

My name is Roxella Summers. I'm fifteen years old. My life isn't perfect. Sometimes I wish it was.

I felt the morning light touch my eyelids softly. I could feel the sunlight already seeping into my roof but I wanted more sleep. I hadn't slept for long. Troubles had followed me last night. I opened my eyes anyway. It was dawn. I sat up and stretched my back until I heard it crack. The only friend I had made in this village, Helaki, was waiting for me so we could start the day together. We had been doing this everyday for the last three years and today, as I'd hoped, wouldn't be any different. I wore my boots as quickly as I could. Helaki was never a patient person so I had to hurry up before she came by pulling on my hair to get me out. I got my bow and arrow beside my mat and got out of my hut and looked out at the horizon. I made sure I didn't stare at the sun for too long or I would be blind the whole day.

"Took you long enough." Helaki huffed immediately she spotted me. She pointed her spear at me but I moved too quickly and grabbed the hilt.

" Don't make me snap this. I think I did as quick as I could." I growled. "Okay, are you ready?" I asked later. She frowned. I always wondered how we got along if we both had anger issues.

"Always." she replied with a scowl as I tied the quiver of arrows behind my back.

"Let's go."

We ran away from the village into the forest. I smiled as the scenery came into view. The green trees, the vines that climbed up the trees, the birds of different colours singing, the undergrowth that we were stepping on and the eyes that were darting in the bushes watching us as prey but knew they couldn't attack us. We started shooting arrows at different targets that we had put up long time ago. We both did cartwheels before jumping and catching a vine. We started swinging from vine to vine, eager to see who would get to the other side of the river first. We reached the Ilino river that was down below us as we landed on a huge boulder. There was a gap in between the boulder we were on and another one and down below was the river fifteen feet under us.

"I hate this part." Helaki stated as we stared at the river.

I smiled. "Well I love it."

"That's because you have no difficulty reaching the other side."

"True but you always try your best to jump and you do get to the other side. I consider that good when you're not like me." I tried to comfort her but even I knew I wasn't good with emotions.

"Ha ha. Thanks for encouraging me." She said sarcastically and I frowned. I was trying.

"I put a lot effort in that." I slightly pouted. I didn't wait for her response as I took a few steps back. I ran and when my feet almost left the boulder, I leaped to the other side. I watched the environment around me slowly turn into a blur. I quickly landed on my feet as I always did. I bowed to her and smirked. She rolled her eyes at me. I sat on the ground and watched Helaki jump over. She stumbled when she landed. She almost slipped up but I helped her up and we continued running through the forest making sure we didn't miss a target.