~Chapter 30~

~Virgil's POV~

Roman almost immediately turns around and looks at me in awe. I smile at him before rushing to hug him. I swing him around with a smile on my face, I've missed him so, so much.

"You seriously don't understand how much I missed you. I was so worried." I say carefully.

"It's okay, I'm fine. And I miss you too, very much so." He stops before speaking again, "Do you know why this guy wants to meet you so badly?"

I look towards Logan for an answer and he quickly composes himself. He fidgets a little before speaking lowly.

"I believe he is fascinated by your mannerisms. He does not quite comprehend how you behave so calm-like around humans, how you can associate yourself with them without an issue."

I shrug, "I don't see how that leads to kidnapping my boyfriend-"

A loud bang came from outside the warehouse. I couldn't tell what caused it but I do know that I don't wanna stay longer to find out. I turn to Roman and I take his hand in mine, "You need to be extremely quiet regardless of what happens, if anyone catches us, they aren't going to be nice." He nods slightly before Logan walks out to scan the area.

After looking around for a moment, Logan signals for us to follow him. I walk out of the small room with Roman behind me, I wish he didn't have to deal with all of this. We walk into what seems to be the main area of the building. There is a large chair in the middle of the room, I'm assuming that's Deceit's.

"Stay here." Logan goes into another room and comes back with a bag over his shoulders, looking ready to never come back, "Okay, let's leave."

Walking out of the place, the sun hits me suddenly and I start the feel the sting of sunlight. Slowly, we walk over to where I waited for Logan a few minutes ago. We sit down all together and I begin to think, the vampires can track us by following Romans scent.

"Ro, I'm gonna mask your scent with mud and such. I know you're gonna hate it but it has to be done." I say hesitantly, knowing he hates being dirty.

"Ugh, fine." I run off to a nearby water source I heard earlier today to mix some dirt and water. I hear Roman start up a conversation with Logan, "So, what are you going to do when we get home?"

I find a dead tree along the streams edge that is knocked over so I grab it and snap it in half to make a bowlish shape. Logan answers, "Where is your home, if you don't mind me asking."

I fill up the tree stump with a bunch of dirt. The feeling of it under my nails isn't the best but it's necessary. "We live on a college campus in dorms." Roman says quieter than before. I hear, what I think is him, pulling up on grass.

"Ah, well. I suppose I shall look for a teaching job at the college. If you wouldn't mind." I think that'd be cool, keep your friends close and all. Plus, I could learn some things about vampires I've always wanted to know.

I begin to add the water to the stump and I stir it around with my hand. "Of course I wouldn't mind, that'd be great. I think you'd get along with the people there." It gets quiet for a moment before he speaks again, "Hey, can you still hear Virgil?" I chuckle, making sure Logan can hear where I'm at. I don't want them to worry.

"Yes, he is at a nearby stream. It sounds as if he is collecting mud." He tells Roman this as the wind begins to kick up a bit. The water in the stream is noticeably faster.

I run back to them with the stump full of mud and I sit next to Roman, wiping the mixture on his face and such. He makes a face that shows he is clearly disgusted as he wipes more on himself too.

After we finish, I turn to Logan, "Are you ready to leave?" Logan nods quickly, smiling a little before he picks up his bag and puts it on. His smile abruptly washes off his face as he looks beyond me.

Turning around, I see the crew of vampires scamper into the place and I hear them open up the door that Roman was in. I heard a frustrated yell before the door slammed shut.

I look towards Logan before acting on anything.

Run.

I quickly throw Roman over my shoulder and I run to the stream I was at before. I set him on the edge of the stream gently before looking at Logan.

Are we good?

For now.

I hug Roman tight before speaking into his ear, "Sorry for not asking at first but we were rushed. Can I pick you-"

Before finishing my sentence I get snatched away from my boyfriend and lifted into the air by my shirt. A menacing voice speaks,

"You didn't really think you were going to get away did you?"