~Chapter 18~

~Virgil's POV~

I open my eyes and rub them hard. I haven't slept that good and that long in awhile. Roman scoots away from me awkwardly when he sees that I'm awake. I smile towards him. I can sense him blushing and he gets up swiftly and walks into my almost empty kitchen.

I hear him open a cupboard before he spoke, "Do you want me to make you anything?" He rubs his eyes and grabs a large pan, that I forgot I even owned, out of the cupboard.

"No, I'm okay." I respond genuinely. Thinking of human food makes my stomach do somersaults. I look up to where Roman is and he looks at me with furrowed brows.

"Come here." He demands, pointing at one of the two chairs at my dining room table that I never use. I hesitantly stand up and walk over to the table, sitting down in the chair he pointed at. Roman begins to cook a breakfast for two and I feel bad knowing I'm not going to eat it. That I'm not able to eat it. Twiddling my thumbs, Roman finishes cooking. He sets a plate full of food in front of me with a smile. "I haven't seen you eat at all. You are going to eat at least half of what's on the plate."

To hell with that. "But I-"

Roman is quick to interrupt me, "No buts. It's unhealthy to eat as little as you do. It's the weekend, we have all day." Rolling my eyes, I pick up a piece of toast and put it near my mouth to nibble on it. I take a tiny bite and it is absolutely disgusting. It tastes like literal dirt. I'm sure it would taste great if I were normal but I just can't eat it. Roman looks at me, "C'mon Virge. Just eat it." I shake my head and look down at the food.

"I don't want to. You can't make me." I wish I could just eat it to make him happy. He just shrugs, tired or bored of trying to make me eat. He begins to eat and he does so quickly.

"Are you going to eat any of that?" Roman asks with his last bite of food in his mouth. I shake my head for what feels like the thousandth time since we've woken up and I hand him my plate full of food. He only eats my toast and then starts to stand up. Swiftly, I grab our plates and I dump the remaining food in the trashcan. I clean all of the dirty items, dry them and put them away right before I turn to Roman.

"So, what now?" I say, slightly smiling.

"Well, I was thinking."

"That's never good." I say sarcastically, chuckling at my own joke.

"Shush," He says chuckling also, "Anyway, would you like to go on a walk with me at the nearby park later tonight?" He looks nervous as he asks me this innocent question even though he put on a confident face and stance. He looks to the floor and I push his chin up so he would look at me. He immediately blushes and he just looks so adorable all flustered.

"I would love to. Meet me there at 10pm?" I ask casually. He quickly nods his head, making his hair fall in front of his eyes. Pushing his hair back into place, I ask him another question, "So, would you like to go home and get ready before our... date?" Is it a date? Hopefully I assumed correctly.

"Of course, my dark prince. I'll see you then." He spoke fast and pronounced every word deliberately. I open the door for him and he walks off. I was going to wave him good-bye but he probably wouldn't have noticed. Wanting to know the time, I check my phone and it says it is 9:00pm so I go get ready.

I put on a purple button-up shirt and black skinny jeans on. Wanting to look somewhat nice, I top off the outfit with shiny, black shoes. I fluff up my hair and check the time again: 9:15pm. Walking out of the building, I look around for people. Everyone should be asleep at the moment and I see no one so that just kind of proves that statement. I inhumanly run all the way to the park; to humans I look like a quick blur. So quick, it is almost not noticeable.