~Chapter 28~

~Virgil's POV~

Pacing back and forth has never been my favorite thing or even something I enjoy but when your boyfriend is currently trapped in a warehouse full of vampires and someone you barely know is planning on getting him out for you, its just something that happens.

The plan is for me to wait here for Logan to bring Roman out without Deceit noticing. Pretty solid plan. I think that but then I see Logan walk out of the front doors of the place, leaning casually against the wall. I was so, so tempted to go smack him upside the head but I take a unneeded deep breath.

Sitting on the dry, dirty ground I look over the tall grass. I stare down Logan who is currently looking up at the sky. Logan looks directly at me.

Quit staring at me like I am your prey. I know what I am doing.

I jump a bit at the suddenness of his voice in my head. That's some freaky shit, what the hell was that? Vampires can't go crazy? Can they?

I can assure you that you are not crazy. This is just my ability. Speaking to others telepathically.

That weird, so can you read my mind?

I cannot. I can only hear you if we are speaking with one other. Lets say you wanted to get my attention you would just have to think of me. I would get an odd feeling and I can speak with you.

Oh, interesting. How is Roman?

Not the best. My apologies, I have been trying to get them all away from him but I can only do so much.

What do you mean "Not the best"?

Physically, I do not think he is doing the best. He has many bruises and scratches but mentally I believe he is going to get through all of this.

Okay, we need to get him out of there soo-

Before I could finish my thought, a swarm of vampires rushed out of the building and ran in the direction behind the warehouse. Logan nods towards them all as they leave and as soon as they are out of sight, Logan is right in front of me.

"So my plan is to go through his window, just in case there are a few vampires left in the building. Sneak him out without anyone seeing and leave with you two. It sounds easy enough, am I correct?" I stand up and look him in the eyes.

"It does sounds easy," I smirk, "And that is why I am coming with." I shove my hands in my pockets and I begin to walk forward. Logan looks up skeptically and walks with me.

"I'm not so sure that is a good idea. It will be quieter with just me and Roman. And I wouldn't want you to get caught up in this situation more."

I just shrug, "That's too bad. I'm coming with."

Logan sighs, giving up on trying to convince me. We walk lightly and carefully until we get to his window.

Would you like to jump onto the roof first?

You can go ahead, I don't mind.

Okay, I will go in first then.

Alright.

Logan jumps onto the roof effortlessly and I follow him. The wooden boards underneath us creak and groan for a moment. He leans over the edge and looks into the room, "Roman?" He hops into the room carefully.

As quietly as I can, I climb through the window. Landing softly behind Roman. As soon as I saw him everything just sort of hit me, like how much I missed him and how much I cared for him. Resisting the urge to hug him, I put my finger over my lips, signaling for Logan to not talk to me.

"The plan to get you out is in action. Let us get out of here." Logan says calmly. Romans hands begin to wave as he speaks.

"Wait, whats the plan? And just us? Just you and me? What about Virgil?" Ro seemed thoroughly distraught.

I just smirked, "Yes, what about me?"