~Chapter 8~

//TW: Panic attack and blood//

~Virgil's POV~

I walk out of my sixth period class after everyone else leaves to head to seventh. I go to the field that is placed in between the school and the dorm. Nobody is around so I begin to pace. Roman wants to speak again but how is that going to work. Every time he blushes, which he does a lot, I can feel his blood rush to the surface of his skin. I'm going to have to feed more if I want to hang out with him but that also means more panic attacks.

After a while of me thinking, I hear a foot pattern that sounded quite like Roman's so I turn towards the noise. He has a concerned look on his face while he speaks.

"Hey Virgil, are you okay?" I shudder at the sincerity in his voice. He seems so concerned about my well-being. It's weird to have someone care.

"Hello Roman. I'm just fine. Why do you ask?" I say as nice as I can. I loosen up, not wanting him to worry about me.

"Well, you were pacing a moment ago. And you seemed a bit agitated..." I look at his eyes. He has light brown eyes that resemble milk chocolate. I miss human food so much... Roman is wearing a casual outfit which compliments him greatly. I sense him blushing again and my stomach begins to hurt and its very painful. I feel myself lose control for a moment but I quickly regain it. I can't stay here, I have to go feed.

"I have to go now Roman. Thanks for the concern, I guess." I say softly. I begin to walk off but I look back at Roman, wanting to make sure he is okay. Roman looks confused but not sad or angry.

I rush into town, leaving the campus behind me. Walking on the sidewalks, I push past people making their way to work. After I pass a few alleyways I decide to turn down one with no one walking in it. Once I get about a few yards in I hide behind a dumpster to wait for my victim. I say victim because they didn't ask for this. I really didn't either but I have no option.

Hearing heavy footsteps coming towards me, I get ready to attack. I see a man, no older than twenty-five strolling happily and I pounce onto him. Before he could scream I cover his mouth with my hand and I sink my teeth into his neck. The warmth of his blood overwhelms me and I love it. And I hate that I love it. It tastes so, so good and I know I need to stop soon. When I feel his scream muffled by my hand, I begin to cry. Every time I feed I end up in a panic. Not wanting to kill the guy, I stop drinking and I grab his face and I make him look at me.

"You will not remember this. You were attacked by a raccoon on your way to work." He looks at me with dazed eyes and nods. I let him go and he casually walks off. I wipe any remaining blood on my mouth off as I fall on the ground and I weep. I feel worthless and useless. I'm inconsequential. Unimportant. A killer.

Wiping the tears from my eyes, I get up and dust myself off. Four seconds in, hold for eight, let go for seven. I repeat that for a few minutes until I'm calm and walk back towards the campus. Once I get there it is about 5:00pm and I have nothing to do. I begin to walk around the campus, inspecting everything around me so I know where everything is. I've done this before so there is no point but it is soothing.

It's around 6:00pm when I head to my first class. It doesn't start for another two hours but I go anyway. I sit down in the back of the room, like usual. Letting my mind wander, I begin to think about a certain prince-like human.