~Chapter 25~

~Roman's POV~

I wake up with a terrible headache on a cold, hard floor. I bring my hand up to my head and feel something wet. Looking at my hand, I see warm blood. Wiping the blood on my red shirt, I examine my clothes. My pants are ripped up and are so dirty, the same with my shirt. I have cuts and bruises all over me.

The room I'm in looks broken down. It hasn't been cleaned in what seems like years. The wood that makes up the room looks eroded and there is a broken window way up high, next to the ceiling. Crawling towards the wooden, rustic door, I lean on it and it almost immediately opens up. I fall flat on my face and I quickly look up. The man look nervous for some odd reason and mumbles something under his breath. Most of the people here look intimidating or scary so him looking nervous is odd. Almost in a flash, he adjusts his tie and glasses before walking in and shutting the door behind him.

By the time he is in the center of the room, I am already in a corner. Standing up slowly with my back against the wall, I put my hands in front of my so they are visible.

"That isn't necessary." He says quietly, "None of them are here at the moment. He really does not want me to feed you but I do not think that is... morally correct." He speeds off and is back in seconds with a sandwich. "I do not know if it tastes good but it has beneficial nutrients." I nod and cautiously grab the sandwich from him.

"You didn't poison it or anything.... right?" He shakes head and sits down in the middle of the room. "Thank you." I say sincerely. He just nods again and begins speaking.

"So, my master wants your... boyfriend?" I'm chewing my sandwich so I just nod again. It really doesn't taste good but right now isn't really a time to be picky. He looks at my arms and saw the injuries. "I'm sorry that that vampire handled you so rough. My master has little empathy for human life." He looked at me with sad eyes before continuing, "I have a plan to get you out but I do have a request."

I look up at him with hopeful eyes, "Wait, really! What's the request?"

He nods, "That is what I said, yes. I would like to-" His eyes widen and he looked towards the door before running out swiftly closing the door behind him. The door literally almost flew off its hinges.

Hearing voices in the other rooms, I cower in the corner even more and stare at the door. I wipe any evidence of the nice vampires help off my face. The vampire that kidnapped me comes in with a scary look on his face.

"Hello, feedbag." He shuts the door and yanks me up by the collar of my shirt. It almost looks like he is inspecting my face but then I hear him inhale deeply before closing his eyes for a second. "I'm surprised that Virgil hasn't drained you by now... you smell so good."

The vampire drops me on the floor and I know I'm going to have a few more bruises. "Don't take that as a compliment either. D is growing more restless and impatient by the minute and your boy hasn't showed up yet." He crouches down to get at eye level with me and grabs my chin to look at him. "It would be a pity for Virgil to loose such a compliant human. If he doesn't hurry... lets just say consequences aren't the best."

He pushes me into the wall and walks out, he didn't shut the door though. I look out of the door and there is a large room with a man sitting in a chair. About fifteen are standing approximately ten feet in front of him except the guy who gave me the sandwich earlier, who is standing right beside his chair.

The man in the chair stood up and excused everyone before turning to the nice guy who helped me earlier, "Is he here yet, Logan?"

Logan shuffled uncomfortably and turned to the guy, "He is not but he should be here soon."

The other man put his hands behind his back, "Make sure to keep watch outside for him. You know what to do with him when he gets here." He smirks and walks into another room. Logan's eyes shift to me and slightly nods before walking out the front door.

The vampire that was in here a minute ago walked in front of the doorway, smirked at me, and slammed the door on my face. Shaking my head, I lay on the rotting wooden floor waiting for Virgil. I want him to come get me but from what I've heard, he isn't going to be much better off here.

Please be careful Virgil.