~Chapter 2~

~Virgil's POV~

I walk out of the administration office for the third time this week. They keep saying that I've taken too many academic classes and that I need to take some electives. I told them I wouldn't take any of those classes but they have decided to take that into their own hands. They are making me take drama and I hate it. I would've torn their throats out already if I wasn't trying to act normal. Trying to have a normal life.

For first period I have Advanced History and I get there about an hour before the class begins. Nobody is here so I go sit down in the very back of the classroom. I begin to look around and everything is crystal clear and I notice everything. The professors desk is quite clean, he most likely wants to give a good first impression. I hear voices down the hallway, outside the classroom, before I see some students walk into class and sit down in the front. I go back to my former task.

After a minute of observing, not just his desk his perfect but everything seems to be perfect. So the professor doesn't want a good first impression... He is a perfectionist. That also explains why the desks are in flawless rows. I hear someone else walk in and I ignore it. I ignore it until I feel eyes staring into the back of my head so I abruptly turn my head towards them in an attempt to scare them off. He look at me briefly and he turns to his desk, shifting his papers around.

Students shuffle into the classroom soon afterwards and class begins. I look at the front of the room, where the guy that stared at me sits, and I focus on his paper on his desk. His name is Roman. He seems to like doodling on the margins of his papers. The professor was indeed a perfectionist. He would spastically make sure everything was in order, confirming my theory.

Soon this class was over and I am dreading what class I have to go to next. I wait until everybody leaves the classroom and when the professor isn't looking to run my way to the drama room. It took me seconds to get there due to my speed and I sat down in the darkest area in the back of the room. As soon as I sat down, more and more kids began piling into the room. The class started quickly with the overly happy teacher talking.

"Hello students! My name is Patton so just call me that, okay kiddos?" Kiddos? Really? "I've decided that we are each going to stand up and say a cool fact about ourselves so we can learn more about one another." I rolled my eyes at the assignment as others groan. This teacher is too cheery for my liking. I'm am going to get sick and tired of this class faster than I expected. Almost as soon as Patton stopping talking Roman, who for some reason I didn't notice was in this class, spoke up.

"May I start?" Roman asked. He stood up quickly and looked towards the other students and I. Patton gave him permission to begin the task. "Well, my name is Roman. I enjoy sunshine," Ha, I wish, "and beautiful things. The creative arts," he says that as he raises his hands dramatically. Yeah, he is going to fit in here well, "and Disney of course." Patton continues choosing people to say what they want and he gets to me. I stand slowly because I really don't want to do this.

"My name is Virgil. I like the night and I don't want to be here." I quickly sit back down and I take a deep breath. I've gotten better at controlling my social anxiety because of how long I've been alive, or undead I guess. Let's just say I've had a lot of practice.

Patton dismisses the class and I stand up with my black backpack on one of my shoulders. I look over to Roman and I see him quickly look at me and start to make his way towards me. I become nervous because I really don't enjoy one-on-one conversations. So, I throw my voice to distract him as I look around. No one is looking at me so I run swiftly behind the stage curtains. I see Roman confusingly look around for me and I smirk at him. He is a funny guy.

// Hello! So if you haven't noticed yet I've made Virgil less negatively emotional and more dark and edgy I guess you could say. I just thought that the overly emotional Virgil wouldn't quite fit this idea. Anyway, thanks for reading!//