~Chapter 4~

~Virgil's POV~

I don't have a last class period because I don't want to get caught in the rising sun. The sun doesn't hurt me or anything but its kind of annoying. I walk out of the school building to head towards the dormitory; I don't have a room there... but I'm trying to find something...

I stand outside the building on the grass as I look around in my effort to be discreet. I jump up to Roman's window, which is on the third story of the building, and I open the glass. I walk in quietly and I begin to look around. It looks as if he has a fantasy to be royal. Velvet red curtains and a golden decorations are set neatly all over the room.

I go over to the kitchen and look around for a little while until I hear the front door open and close. I look over to the oven and the time reads, 6:13am. I glance through the doorway of the kitchen and I see Roman look over towards me. I move fast, scared that he his going to see me. He doesn't investigate what I thought he saw and before I could leave, I hear bed sheets move and the bed creak as a certain someone gets onto it.

I stay in my area in his kitchen until I hear Roman's breath become even. As quietly as I can, I walk over to the sleeping boy. Roman begins to thrash around in his sleep and he almost starts to yell but I put my hand gently on his forehead and I'm immediately sucked into his dream.

I look around to analyze the dream and the situation Roman is in. He is being chased by some sort of dragon-witch? I didn't have time to think that one through because I began chasing the being at unnatural speeds. I tackled the dragon-witch right before she almost got him. I could tell Roman was delirious and confused because of the situation. The creature punched me in the gut in an attempt to hurt me but it didn't. I grabbed the dragon-witch by the throat and lifted her into the air, "Go. Away." Her eyes widened at the intensity in my voice and scurried off into the woods nearby. As she runs off, the affects that she put on Roman started to wear off. He looked up at me, astonished. I just smirked at him, winked, then I ran in the opposite direction, not worried if he saw my speed. I mean... its a dream after all.

I come to in Roman's room on his floor. Standing up, I look over at Roman, he has a small smile on his lips. I smile to myself as I walk towards the front door, leaving the dorm as quietly as possible. Walking down the hallway, I avoid peoples prying eyes, no one saw me leave Roman's room but I was still anxious. Cringing mentally, I walk outside into the sun. I really don't enjoy the sun but its necessary to maintain a "normal" image. I still avoid the sun when I can though.

I saw a tree with leaves thick enough to block out most of the sun and I went to lay underneath it. As I start to close my eyes, not to sleep but to relax, I hear someone running close-by and their breath is heavy; almost like they are trying to control it. I open my eyes to see Roman with a smile on his face running in baggy clothes. He looks at me and we made eye-contact. I never really noticed the color of his eyes. They are light-brown and always shining bright with some sort of uplifting emotion. He looks away from me, running faster with a smile on his face. I can sense the extra blood flow to his cheeks, is he blushing? No, it must be from the running. He is... cute?