~Chapter 21~

~Romans POV~

Virgil sits there for a moment with his face all scrunched up. If I were to guess what he was thinking about it would probably be what he is going to show me next. He stands up and reaches down for me. I take his hand and he pulls me up with ease. Soon after that Virgil smiled towards me and it was just like in my dream. His fangs showed but it didn't scare me, I understand what it is now.

"Virgil?" I call to him to get his attention.

"Yes Princey?" Heh, Princey. I like that one.

"How have you been able to know what's in my dreams?" Virgil just looks around again but it's still early and there is most definitely no one around.

"Well, I'm a dreamwalker. I can slip into someone else's mind while they are asleep and see their dreams and interact with them. Your dreams were... quite interesting to say the least." Virgil sighs and looks down at my hand. He links our hands together and swings them back and forth as we walk down the beach.

"So what was the first one you witnessed of mine?" Virgil visibly cringed before replying which can't be a good thing.

"The one umm.... the one where the... dragon-witch?" I nod, dragon-witches have always been in my nightmares and it was nice that a certain dark prince was there to defeat it, "I scared it... her... I don't know but I scared it away."

That was a while ago. Like almost when we first saw each other. I wish I could just take a peek inside his mind... to experience what he does. "Do you know who turned you...?"

Virgil stops walking and turns to me. "I don't even know any other vampire, Roman. It's been a lonely few decades." He kicks the sand under his feet and it goes flying into the water. He looks around sadly before turning back to me, "I'm glad you haven't left."

"I am too Virgil." We began walking again. And we walked for what seemed like a while until the sun began to rise. He stopped and turned to me slowly.

"Is it okay if I pick you up and just run to the car? It would be easier and faster." He asks me nonchalantly. I nod, "You might want to close your eyes, Lover Boy." I chuckle and close my eyes. I feel the wind on my face before he stops after only seconds. He sets me down gently and I open my eyes. The car is right in front of us.

"Jesus, you really can run fast." I said exasperated. He chuckles as he opens the passenger door for me and I get in. He smiles as he closes the door and speedily gets in the car. And then we are off and the destination is the campus.

Once we get there it's... different I guess you could say. I know more about life or not life but I know more now. It feels nice to be clued into all that's around me. Now that I'm looking back at it, I feel so oblivious now.

Virgil and I walk to the dorm building again and the sun is becoming brighter... wait. "How can you be in the sun?" I look towards him as we continue towards my dorm room.

He chuckles a little before answering, he does that a lot. "From what I know it's just a myth though it does irritate me a bit." He holds the glass door open for me and I walk in.

"So why do you go outside at all during the day. I mean like you wouldn't want to put yourself through the irritation right?" Out of the corner of my eye I can see him shrug and we begin to climb the stairs. He, of course, climbs the stairs easily but I'm a little winded by the time I reach the third floor.

"Because I have to at least look normal, ya know? It would be odd if I never came out during the day. Although I do try to stay out of it as much as I can without looking weird." Stopping in front of my door, Virgil grabs my hands, "Thank you. Thank you for not running away; for not running off."

"Of course. I wouldn't dream of leaving." I say genuinely. I can't think of anything that would drive me away from him. And I hope nothing ever does. I can't help but have feelings for him after this crazy week. Even if he is a vampire or is a bit odd in his ways, I can't help how I feel.

"Hey, Virgil?" He looks up from his hands and into my eyes. I look back into his eyes and I never noticed but they have a bit of a purple tint to them. I have to ask him about that later but right now, "I can't help but umm... feel something for you after this week. You've showed me so much I never even dreamed of.."

Smiling Virgil replies, "I've never been the kind of person to jump into things but I feel as if I really like you also." He slightly smirks before continuing, "And because of that, I don't feel awkward asking you if I may kiss you."

My eyes widen but I nod my head quickly and he smirks. He leans in and his soft lips connect my rougher ones. I feel his smooth hand hold my face and the other pulls me closer to him. Our lips fit each other's as if they were made for each other. He pulled away before I wanted him to but I guess I needed to breathe. Virgil smiled and opened my door for me before I walked in. He stayed in the hallway.

"So, Virgil." I say to him from my room. He leans on my doorframe and looks at me to keep speaking. "Would you like to be my boyfriend?"

"I don't know... I'll have to think about it..." Virgil says sarcastically. "Of course I will." He says with a kind smile on his face and this time when he spoke he was sincere. He stands straight up before speaking again, "Well Roman. How about I meet you tonight at the park we were at last night?"

"Same time?"

"Sure."

"It's a date, I'll be there." He nods and opens his arms for me. I give him and hug before waving goodbye to him as he walks down the hall. Shutting the door behind me, I head to the kitchen to get something to eat before going straight to my bedroom. I change into more comfortable clothing before jumping into my bed.

I fall asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow with thoughts of my new boyfriend filling my mind.

// OMG GUYS IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER!!! It's been almost two weeks! Yikes! I've been so busy with work and finals/exams at school. But I have noticed that you guys got this story to 2,000+ views! You guys are awesome! I'll be sure to keep updating and updating quicker! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!//