~Chapter 9~

~Roman's POV~

I hear my alarm go off from the living room so I go over and turn it off. I get dressed into white skinny jeans and a red t-shirt that is loose and comfortable. Putting on my gold converse, I put my backpack on my back as I head towards the classroom. It's around 7:00pm when I get there so I have about an hour until class starts. I look around to see if my emo prince.. ahem... Virgil, is here.

Virgil sits in the back of the room in his normal spot and I walk over to him. He didn't flinch or move away from me as I sat down. I hear Virgil take a deep breath as he looks at me.

"Hello Roman. How are you?" He says kindly. He doesn't seem so agitated today, which is nice. Virgil looks at me directly in the eyes and the intensity that is transferred through this direct eye-contact is paralyzing. I smile and shake my head.

"I'm great now that you're here. And you?" I say with confidence. He cutely half smiles and answers quickly.

"I'm doing well, thank you for asking." Virgil says in his beautiful, polite voice. He doesn't even notice what he is doing to me. He looks amazing today. He has a tight black shirt on that shows all of muscular aspects and dark purple joggers on. While I was focused on how dashing Virgil looked I almost didn't hear when he cleared his throat.

I look around and class was starting. How did Virgil make me so distracted to not notice all the other students coming in and sitting down. A few minutes after the professor begins his lecture I feel my shoulder getting poked. I look over to Virgil with a paper sitting in between his middle and pointer finger. I grab it quickly, not wanting anyone else to see that we are passing notes. Opening it as quietly as possible, I read it.

Are you okay, Roman? You blanked there for a few minutes...

His handwriting is flawless. Another thing to add to the list of his perfection. How am I supposed to explain to him that I was checking him out... I write my response in my average looking handwriting and I carefully set I on his desk. I watch him as he opens it and his eyes widen a bit. He smirks as he quickly writes down what he wants to and he hands it back to me.

Well, thank you. You don't look too bad yourself.

I blush immensely and I scribble my second response onto the paper. He takes it back and reads it. He smiles and rolls his eyes as he puts the paper into his folder. Virgil looks over to me.

"Want to walk with me to drama after class?" He asks quietly. But not quiet enough I guess because the professor calls him out.

"Mr. Nerve. Did you hear me?" The professor asks Virgil. Everyone looks towards us. I can tell Virgil is freezing up but he answers in a snarky tone.

"You said that Joseph Stalin's real name is Ioseb Besarionis Jugashvili but he changed it in the 30's because it means Man of Steel." Virgil said with confidence. The professor looked embarrassed and scoffed.

"Don't talk in class." The professor said weakly. I just looked at Virgil with surprise written all over my face. He really can multitask I guess, jeez. He even pronounced Stalin's real name correct. Suddenly I remember that Virgil asked me to walk with him to drama class. Looking towards Virgil I answer his previous question.

"I would love to walk with you." I whisper to him. He smiles and nods and looks down at his desk. Soon the bell rings and Virgil and I wait until all the other kids leave until we start walking out. We walk in silence until we get to drama. It was a comfortable silence though, which is odd but the awkwardness I expected was nonexistent.

Since there is no seating chart in drama I decide to sit by Virgil in the back. He smiles when he notices that I am still following him to his seat. We sit down and Patton gives us acting exercises to practice with the people we are sitting by. Of course Virgil and I are partners and we begin the fun and silly assignment. We have to copy each others movements and we have to make it harder as the class goes on. Virgil was making some rather obscene movements that I found hilarious but adorable at his effort. The movements became more and more funny as the class went on because we were trying to make it difficult.

By the end of the class Virgil and I are a laughing mess. Smiling, we grab our bags and head to our next classes of the day, sitting next to each other in every class besides the last one of the day.