~Chapter 16~

~Virgil's POV~

After dropping Roman off at his last class, I head to the courtyard to wait for him. Leaning against a cold, brick wall, I close my eyes. My thoughts almost immediately go dark for some reason. What if he is getting tired of me? Or bored of me... He probably is just putting up with me because he saw I have no friends. I don't mind not having frien- I push those negative thoughts away. I've learned that if I let myself go off on a negative tangent, I won't stop for a while. I breath in calculated patterns to calm myself down although I don't... really need to breathe.

I guess I got lost in thought because soon I hear the last bell ring and tons of students rushing into the halls. I hear kids laughing and talking. Someone's voice catches my attention at the end of the main hallway.

"...yeah, man. Did you see those gay guys holding hands earlier? It was disgusting." One voice said that as the other began to speak with equal distaste showing in their voice.

"I did see it. I almost gagged. Ugh, that emo kid and drama nerd need to keep that to themselves..." I hear Roman walking through the door, dragging me from the other students conversation. As he walks he swings his arms and I come up behind him to slip my cold hand into his warm one, forgetting the upsetting conversation I just witnessed. Most normal people would shy away from my touch but, for some reason, Roman doesn't.

"Hey" Roman smiles towards me and I feel butterflies in my stomach. I feel... alive? Its been so long since I've felt that way.

"Hello, Princey." I smirk at him. I swing our arms forwards and backwards like Roman was when he walked out of the main building a minute earlier. About halfway to the dorm building I muster up the courage to ask Roman if he would like to hang out at my dorm. He kindly accepted my offer after a moment of thinking.

Holding the door open for him, Roman walks into the building and heads directly to the stairs. We walk up to the top floor and down the barren hallway. "Here goes nothing." I say quietly to myself. I open the door to my dorm and Roman walks in. He is observing everything and you can tell he is focused. I show him around my place, passing the kitchen, seeing as it is never used, and I point to my room.

"That's my room but you don't really need to see it unless you want to." I say awkwardly, rubbing my neck.

"I don't need to see it." He states softly. He shakes his head and we walk back into my spacious living area. I sit on my sofa and I turn my television on. I give the remote to Roman, suggesting The Heathers Musical to watch and he squealed. It was adorable. He turned on the musical and I got caught up in it. It was a great show but I got distracted from it when Roman yawned and sat up.

"You can go to sleep if you want to, I don't mind." I suggest sincerely. I slightly smile, not wanting him to be scared around me, and he sets his head in my lap with closed eyes. I grab my favorite comforter from behind the couch without moving Roman and I lay it on top of him. He sighs happily and snuggles more into me and I smile. Hesitantly, I begin to play with Roman's hair as a new song begins on the screen.

Soon, Roman is dreaming and because my hand is on his head, I get sucked into it.

I'm sitting comfortably at my kitchen table, looking out the window. It's raining outside and I love it. It doesn't rain as often as I would like it to so when it does I enjoy it.

"Hey, Hot Topic." I hear Roman's deep, handsome voice and I roll my eyes towards him. I make a noise and smirk towards him. "What?" He asks, knowingly.

"You think I'm hot." I smile widely, remembering its a dream. I can be myself in these. I see Roman concentrating on something and I let him without interrupting. I do cut in though, when I see his eyes flash with fear and worry. "Are you okay, Ro?" My attempt to a distraction works because he smiles towards me almost immediately.

"Ro?" His smile is so handsome, I wish I could just watch him smile all day. I look towards the sketch pad in front of him. Its a sketch of me, with a flower crown on. I would never wear one but it wasn't a bad drawing. Grinning, I look back at Roman.

"Yep! It's your new nickname." I state, smiling. I keep my teeth hidden behind my lips so I don't scare him again.

"I really like that one." After he spoke, all we did was stare into one another's eyes. Subconsciously, we grow closer and I believe Roman notices because he pulls away, blushing. Roman goes to start drawing again but I grab his hands and hold them lightly in mine. I can feel him waking up before he actually does.

I wake up with my eyes closed. I keep them closed because I want to see what Roman will do. He turns on Twilight. Twilight, of all shows... really? Anyway, Roman snuggles even closer to me and I wrap my arms around him and I pull him closer, grinning. He spins around carefully in my lap to face me. Pressing his face into my chest, I can feel his intake of breath as he, I assume, inhales my scent. He smiles and I do too.

This all feels... perfect.