~Chapter 13~

~Roman's POV~

I wait about an hour before I get ready for school quickly in hopes I'll catch Virgil before the swarm of students get to class. I put on soft, red joggers and a cotton, grey t-shirt before grabbing my backpack and leaving my quiet dorm. Since I am going to class about an hour before it begins, there aren't many students in the halls or outside for me to push through.

Walking into first period, I see Virgil sitting in his normal spot in the back of the room. He is wearing a purple t-shirt and a black button up shirt over it, black jeans and purple converse. He isn't looking around but looking directly at me with his head slightly tilted. And it isn't creepy or anything, he actually kind of looks adorable. I walk over to him with a smile and I sit down.

"Hello my chemically imbalanced romance." I say charmingly. I set my backpack down next to me and I get the things out I need for class. I look at him and he looks as if he loses his train of thought and soon quickly gathering himself.

"That's the second time you've used that nickname." Virgil says, looking towards me. He sort of chuckles to himself as he gets his needed things out.

"I've only said that once-," I stop abruptly. "Wait a second! I said that to you in a dream I had before. How did you know?" I ask suspiciously. But for reals, how did he know? He is becoming more and more mysterious as I get to know him. I look at Virgil and he begins to speak.

"Just a lucky guess, I guess." He chuckles at himself nervously. He looks so anxious and uncertain about himself. That's odd for Virgil, he is usually so sure of himself. A few students come into the classroom so we speak a little quieter.

"You said that that's the second time you've heard me use it, so it wouldn't be a 'lucky guess'," I use air quotes with my fingers, "I have used that nickname twice: Just now and in my dream. So please, explain." I say gradually getting more quiet as I speak because class is starting. Nobody sits by us so no one really hears what we are saying. Virgil takes a minute to think of an answer.

"Sorry. I can't explain." Virgil says briefly and then completely ignores me for most of class. And because of his silent treatment the class goes by really slow. The professor was quiet, letting us work on things today, and the silence was deafening. I decide that I don't want to sit through this so I scribble a note down for Virgil that says:

Are we still walking to drama together?

I hand it to him. He reads it and writes another note down on it swiftly. Virgil sets it on my wooden desk gently and goes back to doing his own work.

Sure.

Like I said before he has elegant handwriting and it all flows together quite nicely. It's almost like cursive but its his own kind of it and it isn't difficult to read. I don't want to stop talking to him so I write down another note:

So, are you going to explain to me what happened earlier?

Virgil reads it and writes his short response.

Nope.

I sigh and look towards the black classroom clock. Class is out in two minutes so I wait until the bell rings to dismiss us. When the bell does ring, Virgil stands up before I do and he puts his hand down for me, so he can help me up. We head off to drama class and we sit in our normal seats in the back when Patton starts talking.

"Hello students! We won't be doing anything today so you can just talk quietly amongst yourselves, kiddos." I look towards Virgil, excited we have more time to talk.

"Don't ask me about earlier please. I'll explain when its necessary." Virgil says politely. I sigh and let myself slouch a little bit so he knows I'm a little annoyed.

"Fine. Anyway..." And we begin talking about our likes our dislikes. Learning more about each other. He loves to read horror novels (when he said that he giggles), his favorite colors are purple and black, he doesn't like the sun very much and he doesn't eat often (which I think is a little odd). When the bell rang to go to the next class, Virgil slipped his cold hand into mine and we both walked to class with a smile on our face.

// Sorry it took so long to update. I've had things going on so I've been a little busy but here is a small update. //