~Chapter 27~

~Roman's POV~

"The weather today is just splendid, isn't Virgil?" I tilt my head to look at him. He is laying in the shadow of the nearby trees while I am laying in the sun. I love this. There aren't many people here so it is very peaceful.

"It is, Ro." He links our hands together and I smile. I look past Virgil and I see a small, grey bunny running through the tall grass. It sits and looks towards me, as if it wants me to know something. The rabbit tilts its head and I think it looks so cute. Its eyes dropped a little bit before a cougar came and ripped it apart.

I woke up quickly after that.

I pretended to stay asleep in hopes that the vampires in the other room would leave me alone but I couldn't stop my shaky hands and quick breathing. Wishing nobody sees me, I pull my hands closer to my chest. My wishes weren't heard because soon after that someone stood up in my room and out of the little hope I had, I looked to see if it was Virgil. It wasn't.

A vampire who looked like he lived in the gym came up and unhooked the chains that have kept me from running. He yanked the chains up, forcing me on my feet without saying anything to me. Normally they mutter something about me being pathetic or small on these sweet visits I value so much. Wincing in pain, I followed him to the main room. He shoved me on the hard, wooden ground in front of another man, the one who was speaking with Logan yesterday.

He pulls me up by my neck and makes me look at him. "P-please, stop." I choke out. He just maliciously chuckles and looks past me to a couple dozen vampires. They are all watching me and him with extreme interest which concerns me a bit, besides the fact that I can barely breathe.

"And why should I?" He throws me to the ground, I am really getting tired of this. I cough as he snaps his finger and Logan walks closer to him, "Logan, go wait outside for our guest. He should be here any minute now." He looks sadly to me and walks out of the building. You'd think this guy would catch on by now that his "friend" doesn't like him. Maybe he does know and he just doesn't care.

"What do you want from Virgil, from me?" I ask, rubbing my neck. That is gonna leave a mark. He doesn't say anything to answer me. He just circles me, observing me for I don't even know how long before dragging me into the small room again and slamming the door behind him. I hear his heavy footsteps walk away. He completely forgot to chain me up again, so I took them off of me, sighing at the sudden weight off.

Of course, my mind goes into a bit of a spiral. Virgil should be here by now, right? Maybe he didn't come for me, I mean it has only been a week or so that we've known each other. What if I am stuck here forever? Will they make me one of them? I really don't want that to happen. I would never want to be like them, cruel and sadistic.

"Roman?" A hushed whisper rips me out of my intrusive thoughts. I look to my shattered window and I see Logan. He jumps in and lands on his feet gracefully, "The plan to get you out is in action. Let us get out of here." He says swiftly, fixing his glasses. He walks towards the door and I turn to him.

"Wait, whats the plan? And just us? Just you and me? What about Virgil?" Logan smirks for a moment and looks behind me.

"Yes, what about me?"