~Chapter 26~

~Virgil's POV~

I see the large warehouse in the distance and its easily seen because of the sun out. The uncomfortable feeling of its rays on my skin is not even close to the thing on my mind though. The front of the building isn't guarded at all, which is suspicious in itself. I cautiously walk up to the side of the building and I put my ear to it.

I hear a door open and a quiet thud. A few seconds later I hear, "That isn't necessary. None of them are here at the moment. He really does not want me to feed you but I do not think that is... morally correct. I do not know if it tastes good but it has beneficial nutrients." That voice isn't familiar and he sounds nervous and unsure... who is he talking to? Is that D?

I hear the other person in the room scoot over a little bit, "You didn't poison it or anything right?" Roman! "Thank you." Oh thanks the gods, he is okay.

"So my master wants your boyfriend?" The unknown voice asks. I assume Roman responded somehow because he continued speaking. "I'm sorry that that vampire handled you so rough. My master has little empathy for human life." I swear, if they seriously hurt him they won't see the light of day for much longer. "I have a plan to get you out but I do have a request." He is helping Roman!"

I hear laughter a little ways away from me so I am immediately pulled from the conversation. Turning around, a dozen of what I assume to be vampires are walking towards the front of the warehouse. I run to the back of the building and I jump on top of it swiftly. I want so badly to say something to Roman but the others will hear it.

Walking over to the edge of the place, I see them all walk in and I jump down silently. I lean against the wall, waiting for someone to come out.

"-but he should be here soon." I hear inside. This person sounded like the other guy but he is more confident and its almost deeper.

"Make sure to keep watch for him outside. You know what to do with him when he gets here." This guys voice is full of hatred and disgust. I hear someone walk out of the front door and shut it behind him.

He walks forward a little bit and I put him in a head-lock from behind. I know he doesn't need air but I'm sure its extremely uncomfortable. "V-Virgil. I k-know that you were l-listening to t-that conversation. You heard that I-I have a p-plan." He whispers so quietly that I could barely hear it. I turn him around to look at me, he looks scared but determined.

Running a little bit away from the building, I push him to where he is a few feet in front of me. "And what is this plan of yours?" I attempt to look menacing as he speaks.

"I also have a request." He rubs on his neck and I feel bad for minute but then I remember the situation. I nod quickly, "My plan is that when they all leave for their next feeding spree, which should be tomorrow since its a daily event, I will bring him out to you. I am just hoping Deceit does not do anything to him." 

I roll my eyes, "And why should I trust you?"

He shuffles for a second and kicks the dirt underneath his shoe. "You should trust me because I get something out of it too." He looks up at me and I see dark blue flash in his eyes, do my eyes do that?

"Ah, your request. What is it?" I ask, sharply.

"I wish to leave with you guys. I do not like it here along with Deceits nonexistent morals." He sounds hopeful.

I barely know him, why would I bring him back with me? I'm not sure if I would be able to take on a few dozen vampire alone though.

"Would we meet up here?" I ask, I want to be sure of everything.

"If you'd like to." He responds fast.

There is a silent pause. "Is Deceit this 'D' guy?"

"Yes. He is the person that turned me. I was the first person he changed too. And he thinks I am his right-hand man. I honestly could not be further from it."

I smile towards him, "I will bring you with us if you get him here as safe as possible. Sorry about the head-lock." He smiles slightly and nods.

He walks away slowly but before getting too far away he turns, "By the way Virgil, my name is Logan. It was nice to meet you." I nod and he makes his way towards the warehouse.

Please be safe Roman.