~Chapter 23~

//TW: Verbal and Physical Harassment, Blood... If there are anymore please let me know :)//

~Roman's POV~

I wake up about an hour before my date. The excitement of the upcoming event helped me get out of my comfy bed. Looking for something to wear, I danced around my room to get ready. I put on a nice deep red button up shirt with nice white pant. After putting a belt on I go comb my hair to make it look presentable. I eat something quickly before leaving my dorm with a grin on my face.

I begin to walk to the park an hour early, just in case. I always like to be prepared. Once I get to the park I walk around before finding a bench. Sitting on the bench, I look through my phone and I see a text from Virgil. I'm going to need to get a picture of him to set as a contact picture... does he show up in pictures?

Virgil: I'm going to be a little late, I'll make up for it. I promise.

I frown a little before replying.

Me: Okay, my dark prince. How late?

Virgil: Not too long, I promise.

I sigh and turn off my phone. Setting it in my lap, I look around the park. It is sort of haunting at night. With no kids playing or animals crawling around... it's different.

CRACK

It sounds as if a stick or tree branch just broke. "Hello?" I say, confused. No one is outside at the moment and I thought Virgil wasn't supposed to be here yet. I look around me, paranoia slowly taking over.

I see a blur go in front of me and it quickly disappears. Virgil?" No one answers once again so I stand up to walk away from whatever is happening.

I couldn't get far because someone rather tall stood in front of me, baring his fangs and making himself look bigger. My body immediately filled with fear and dread. Virgil said he was the only one... the only one he knew of.

"Our master has taken an interest in your vampire friend..." The unknown vampire has a low, menacing voice. Why would someone be interested in Virgil? Has... did he do something? I tried to ask him why but my mouth wouldn't move, I couldn't speak I was so frozen with fear.

"That means I have to come and get his little human toy." That's what I was afraid of. How is this even happening? My body finally is letting me move but it's shaking, I turn around to run away. Which was a dumb move on my part because the creature grabbed me by the arm and threw me around to face him.

"I'm not having a stupid living blood bag run off. You stay with me." The rabid vampire pulled me right by my arm and dragged me towards the bench I was just sitting on.

What is even happening? Am I a hostage now? I didn't realize I was crying until the thing turned to me and gave me a look of disgust.

"Humans are pitiful. Ew." He then scratched me with his long, sharp nail on my forearm. Blood began to drip from the cut and the vampire dipped his finger in it. He places a drop neatly on a piece of paper he had in his hand. He set the paper down on the bench.

"W-what are you... you going to do.. w-with me...?" I stuttered because of my persistent tears and fear. I wish they would go away; that I was more courageous. Virgil wouldn't be crying. He would be a badass. He wouldn't be sobbing in the face of death he'd be laughing.

"I will be taking you to my master and he will do what he wishes with you." His... his master? This can't be real... I will wake up in my bed soon. Right? This has to all be a dream. But it's... it's not.

Without any warning the creature grabs me by the arm and begins to run at an ungodly pace towards wherever we are going. Virgil, it would be great if you could come save me now... please?

After about an hour of it running, I now have a few scratches on my legs from getting dropped or dragged on the ground. Suddenly the vampire stops in front of a big warehouse. It almost looks abandoned. It has broken windows all over and the nearby vegetation has overgrown everywhere in the building.

"Don't speak unless spoken to, you got it?" I nod quickly before walking into the place in tow of him. I don't get to see much of inside because I am almost immediately snatched from the vampire and quickly blindfolded by another. I tried to struggle but whoever grabbed me punched me right in the temple.

I hit the cold floor and fell into a deep sleep.