~Chapter 29~

~Romans POV~

I immediately turn around to the sound of his angelic voice, one I've been yearning for. Virgil, looking as dashing and heroic as ever smirks at me before hugging me. He pulls me off there floor and swings me around in his arms before releasing me.

"You seriously don't understand how much I missed you. I was so worried." He whispers cautiously.

"It's okay, I'm fine. And I miss you too, very much so." I hesitant before saying more, "Do you know why this guy wants to meet you so badly?"

I look at Virgil waiting for a response but he just looks to Logan for an answer. Logan pushes up his glasses and looks towards the door.

"I believe he is fascinated by your mannerisms. He does not quite comprehend how you behave so calm-like around humans, how you can associate yourself with them without an issue."

Virgil shrugs, "I don't see how that leads to kidnapping my boyfriend-"

Logan and Virgil quickly turn their heads towards the window at some unheard noise in assuming. Virgil looks towards him expectedly before grabbing me by the hand, "You need to be extremely quiet regardless of what happens, if anyone catches us, they aren't going to be nice." I nod before Logan opens the door and walks out.

Logan looks around carefully before nodding to us. Virgil, with me in hand, walks out of the room I've been captive in for what felt like forever. We walk into the main room of this warehouse where that guy through me to the ground. The pain comes back as I think about the moment.

"Stay here." Logan speeds over to a random room incredibly fast and runs back with a bag over his shoulders within seconds. "Okay, let's leave."

We walk out the front door and I notice the two vampires cringe as the sunlight hits them. They seem to shake off the feeling and we creep over to a forest that is around the road. We sit in the tall grass for a moment.

"Ro, I'm gonna mask your scent with mud and such. I know you're gonna hate it but it has to be done." He says quietly.

"Ugh, fine." He quickly runs off into the forest. I turn to Logan and he is sitting with great posture, seemingly listening to everything around us. "So, what are you going to do when we get home?"

Logan turns and looks me in the eyes, "Where is your home, if you don't mind me asking."

"We live on a college campus in dorms." I say, playing with the grass underneath me. I pull it up as he speaks.

"Ah, well. I suppose I shall look for a teaching job at the college. If you wouldn't mind." He looks for a response.

"Of course I wouldn't mind, that'd be great. I think you'd get along with the people there." Looking around, I realize Virgil isn't back yet, "Hey, can you still hear Virgil?" Logan tips his head to the side to listen.

"Yes, he is at a nearby stream. It sounds as if he is collecting mud." He seems confident in what he says so I believe him.

The wind picks up a little and the tall grass sways with it. Virgil comes running back with a tree log full of mud and wipes it on my face and in my hair. I wipe it all over too, trying to help. I'm going to have to take so many showers to get rid of this.

Virgil turns to Logan, "Are you ready to leave?" Logan just nods with a small smile on his face. He picks up his backpack and throws it over his shoulder again. His smile quickly fades as he watches something behind me.

I turn around and the hoard of vampires begin running back into the building we came from. I know that they figured out I'm not there because I could hear one of them yell.

Virgil looks at Logan and I before picking me up and speeding into the forest. He sets me down next to what I'm assuming the stream he was at before. Virgil and Logan look at each other once more before he turned to me and hugged me before talking in my ear.

"Sorry for not asking at first but we were rushed. Can I pick you-" Virgil was cut off by being ripped from my arms.

"You didn't really think you were going to get away did you?"