Chapter 25

Brandy colored eyes open wide ,only to see a sterling white ceiling. "...What the hell?" she breathed softly, soft eyes glancing around the room. A hospital room? Gently, she turned on her side, blinking twice. She was in ... an actual hospital?

The other bed had been empty, and neatly made. She laid silently, the only sound in the room had been the soft beeping of the heart monitor. The window was left slightly ajar, a cool breeze softly brushing through a small vase of lavender and daffodils on the windowsill. The room smelt faintly of rain. 

With wires and IVs poking from her wrists, she pushed herself to sit up, ribs aching as her version blurred. Blinking softly, it returned to normal. She reached over, ripping out the IVs in one swift motion, wincing at the sudden sting.

On a chair by the bedside, her prized jacket was slung across. She could make out clear, easy done stitches in the left sleeve of coffee colored leather; had Ramona done that ?

        Mikayla stood up slowly, limping slightly as she walked towards the door. A bandaged hand reached for the brassy handle, yet before she was able to grab on, the door swung open, sending her stumbling back, clearly startled. She tripped backwards, falling onto her arse. "What the hell do you think you're doing ?!" A pale face met Mikayla's eyes, the girl quickly bending down to help her to her feet, forcefully assisting her back into the hospital bed. She wore a white, knee-length nurses gown, the color matching that of the ceiling- no dirt, or grime, or anything, Mikayla noted. Much different, and better looking, then that at the camp.

"Ramona? What happened, where are we?" Mikayla asked as the smaller sister reattached the IVs and monitors. The steady beeping begun again. 

       'You don't remember?" Ramona asked. Mikayla shook her head, only able to think back to landing the plane in the clearing. "You were in an explosion." Ramona began, hooking her back up to the monitor, "You destroyed the final hydra base Mikayla. We won the war. We can go home now." At this news the heart rate monitor spiked as Mikayla's breathing nearly stopped. Steve's face peeked in, opening the door slightly. "She's awake, come in." Ramona beckoned. "It's over. We can go home." Mikayla repeated. Steve laughed, pulling a chair up beside her bed and placing a hand on Mikayla's arm. "You made our country proud, Pilot. You made Bucky proud." His words made Mikayla's heart sink into her chest as the memory of her loved one flooded back. Ramona would have felt the same if she wasn't so occupied looking at Steve. He was back in his prime, the way he'd been before the ar. Personality wise anyways.

She knew that he was Captain America and that he would miss the constant battle but she also knew he was happy to be at peace. She finally had her Steve back and would have no worries of weather he would come home to her or not. She had the love of her life and her sister back. for good. She was finally home. They were all going home.

    Almost a month later after everyone had finally returned home, the dinner party for base 107 was happening. "Hello Beautiful." Steve smiled as he came up behind Ramona as she stared at herself in the mirror (explain yo choice of dress unless you'd like me to find one for you the shoot me a text) She chuckled slightly, staring back at her boyfriend who had been dressed in his formal Soldiers uniform. He seemed off today almost nervous. But Ramona ignored it as seeing his old pals must have been over whelming for him.

Steve had moved in with the sister after they'd gotten home, the day after Mikayla had woken up in the hospital. The trip back to Steve's apartment had been heart breaking as Ramona and Steve had to pack up Bucky's things too. Mikayla refused to come. She'd been sick that day. She'd been sick a lot lately. It was mostly likely because of the constant drinking but no body really knew. The only thing Mikayla had kept from Bucky was plain black t-shirt with a white that he used to wear all the time. She slept in it most nights but the topic of was never really brought up anymore. It hurt all three of them too much.

        Steve turned, grabbing the keys to his car before speaking, "We should grab Mikayla and head over to--" He was cut short by the blood curling scream of Mikayla, "NO! RAMONA!" Both Steve and Ramona rushed out of their bedroom and into the bathroom where Mikayla was leaning forwards with her hands on the sink. She wore a black evening gown with gold swirls covering the sweet heart neckline of the dress and the bottom of the skirt. Tears stung her eyes as she moved curled brown locks out of her face. "Mikayla, what's wrong?" Ramona asked placing a hand on her sister arm, when she saw it. A pregnancy test lying on the counter. a positive pregnancy test.

"Is it..." Steve trailed off, not even wanting to ask. "It's his. It's Bucky's." Mikayla wailed, pressing her hands against her face. Ramona didn't seem to be shocked but more concerned for her sister. "Listen hey, we're going to get you all cleaned up and we're going to go have a good time, okay? We'll talk about this after. We'll get through this." She smiled. Mikayla nodded before going into her room to clean up her smudge makeup.

"Oh my gosh." Steve muttered as Ramona and himself entered the kitchen. "I knew." Ramona finally confessed as they stopped walking. "What do you mean you knew? You didn't tell her!?" Steve snapped, suddenly realizing he'd just yelled. "I know I know but when she was in the hospital there were traces of another heartbeat and I knew but I thought it would have been a miss carriage because of her injury's or her future drinking but that blue serum in her is protecting it or something. I didn't tell her because I didn't want to upset her if I didn't have to." Ramona explained and Steve understood. a few minutes later Mikayla came down, ready to leave for the  party.

"Let's get a move on then." Ramona sighed as she opened the door and headed to the car. "Are you sure you want to go?" Steve asked as Mikayla slipped on her flats which had been covered by the end of her dress. She managed to smile, "Are you kidding, I wouldn't miss this. Let me see it again." Steve chuckles slightly before pulling a small leather box from his coat pocket, opening it to reveal the most elegant engagement ring Mikayla had ever seen. "Think she'll say yes?"  He asked as Mikayla stood up straight. She closed the box in steve's hand before taking his other hand and placing it over top of the box, "I know she will."