She's Innocent

Hope woke up on a bench. It was dark outside and she had no idea where and who anyone was in the town. She walked around the town and noticed one light still on in a strange store, so she decided to go in.

"Hello?" She asked. Hope looked around at the strange objects, some which seems particularly familiar, and kept scanning with her eyes.

"We're closed, little one," the man said, appearing from the back.

"Where am I?" She asked him. The man walked from behind the counter and she noticed that he had a cane.

"Storybrooke, of course. Where else?"

"I don't know, it's almost like someone stole my memories or something," Hope said as she looked down at the ground with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Do you know where your parents may be?" He asked.

"I- I don't remember."

"Well, we can figure it out. What do they look like?"

"No, you don't understand. I can't remember who they are," she told him. She was starting to shake in worry, then the man walked up to her and gave her a note.

"Perhaps these people will let you stay with them. Go to the address and tell them that Mr. Gold sent you to stay for tonight. Can you do that?" He questioned. She looked at the piece of paper in her hands, then looked back up at him with an appreciative smile.

"Sure, thank you," she said and left. Hope looked for the numbers on the poorly lit building and kept walking until she finally approached the one that had the same number that was on the note. She slowly climbed the stairs and hesitated to knock on the door. After three knocks, she froze, then turned around to leave.

"Hey, wait!" The woman, with a brunette pixie cut, answered. Hope turned around and looked at her with a timid smile, hiding her face behind her light brown hair. She handed the woman the note, then looked down and played with her fingers as she waited for her response.

"Mr. Gold sent you here?" She asked and Hope nodded.

"Well, come on in. Surely you must be cold, how does a hot chocolate with cinnamon sound, hm?" She asked.

"That sounds delicious!" Hope said, coming out of her shell.

As the woman prepare the drink, the little girl sat on the stool and watched.

"What's your name?" Hope asked.

"I'm Mary-Margaret, and you?" She asked and handed her the cup while sipping out of her own. Hope pauses as she tried to think of her name, then she said it.

"Hope?" She said in a questionable manner.

"Are you sure about that?" Mary-Margaret teased. Hope grinned and took a sip of the hot chocolate.

"This is really good!" She exclaimed.

"Do you mind if I ask where your parents are? You can't just be roaming this town by yourself, right?" Mary-Margaret asked. Hope traced the ridge of the coffee cup with her finger.