My Name Is Hopeless

"Do you have a bean?" Henry asked Killian.

"Of course not, but have you forgotten? This is the Jolly Roger," he said, and the ship began to fly.

"Right."

"Come, you can meet everyone," Pan said and guided Hope to the crowd of boys.

"I don't want to meet anyone," she told him and stopped.

"Sorry, darling, but you don't have a choice."

Hope was scared, so she did as she was told.

"Felix, this is Hope Swan-Jones," he said and the boy grinned down at her.

"Jones?"

Felix handed her a stick and an apple, then turned around to join the rest of the boys.

"You can sit right there, we will show you how to become a lost girl," Pan said and started dance around in a circle with the teens. She noticed a boy who was sitting by a nearby tree, playing with a piece of string. She got up and walked over to him, then sat down next to him.

"Do you think we will ever get out of here?" She asked him, but he didn't answer. Hope looked down and picked up a string that was laying in front of her.

"Do you want to leave?" She questioned.

"Of course I do, I've wanted to ever since I got here, but I don't have any hope left."

"Sure you do, I'm right here," she told him and smiled, and he furrowed his brows.

"What?"

"My name is Hope, it's nice to meet you," she said and held out her hand. He gave her a wondrous look, then shook her hand.

"I'm Oliver."

"Good to meet you Oliver, now let's find out how to get off this island," she said and stood up.

"Where do you think you are going?" Pan said, walking up to them.

"I'm tired," Hope said, which she actually was.

"Alright, well your bed is right there," he said, pointing at the large leaf on the ground. She looked at it and raised an eyebrow.

"My mommy told me that we are civilized, and that doesn't look civilized. If there is no one here to save me, why do you care where I go?"

"You've got a point, but you have to be back here in the morning. If you're not, when I find you, you will not leave my sight."

Hope nodded and Oliver started to get up.

"Where are you going?" Pan asked him, pushing him back down on the ground.

"I was going to get some water," he said softly. Pan examined him one more time, before walking back to the crowd of children. Oliver walked to Hope who was waiting for him, and they left the group.

"What do we do now?" Oliver asked her.

"We are going to make a fire by the water so my family can find us, then we are going to sleep," she told him and grabbed some sticks. He picked up some twigs and followed her to the beach.

"How are we going to light it?" He asked.

"Watch this," Hope said and point her palms at the pile of sticks. She focused and a fireball shot from her hands and onto the woods, causing a huge burst of fire to fly into the sky.

"How did you do that?" Oliver asked in amazement.

"My brother said it was because I'm the product of true love, but I don't know," she told him. They walked back to get supplies and came back to the shore, and they made themselves a tipi.

"Good night," Hope said and went to sleep.

"It's almost dawn, you should get some rest, love," Killian said to Emma. Henry was asleep in the room under the deck.

"I can't sleep," she said to him as he steered the ship.

"Why's that?" He asked.

"I can't shake the feeling that maybe I'm not supposed to be a mother. I mean, both of my children have been kidnapped and brought to Neverland. That's a hint if I've ever seen one."

Hook embraced her with his right arm, and steered with his hook.

"All that means is that our story isn't done yet, there's more to come."

She looked up at him and smiled.

"When did you become an optimist?" She asked.

"Since I gathered hope of finding our daughter," he told her.

"Do you think we will?"

"Aye."

Hope woke up and looked around. She knew exactly where she was, she felt like she had been there for years. In fact, she believed she had been there for years. Hope had a new memory; she believed that her parents really had left her and Pan was right. The only things she was confused about was why she was on the shore.

"Hi," Oliver said as he got up. She looked at him and held up her hands.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him, ready to knock him down with her magic. He backed up in fear.

"What are you talking about? We came here to signal your family, to get away from Pan," he explained. He had no idea why he was acting like this.

"That was over a year ago, you need to give up," she said, keeping her hands in place.

"No, you just told me last night to have hope."

"You've gone full on crazy, haven't you?" Hope said. Oliver shook his head in disappointment.

"Pan did this to you," Oliver said.

"All Pan did was show me the truth. My parents aren't coming, your parents aren't coming, no one is coming to save us."

"How can you give up on Hope when that's your name? That's too ironic to be," Oliver told her. She finally put down her hands and smiled at him.

"You're right, from now on, my name is Hopeless," she said and ran away, leaving Oliver stranded by himself.