Hope Swan

~six years later~

"Come on Hope, it's your first day of school, you can't be late!" Emma exclaimed to her daughter. The little girl hopped down the steps with her pink princess backpack on her shoulders. Emma smiled at her and handed her a breakfast bar, then headed out the door.

"Will they like me, Mommy?" Hope asked.

"Of course they will," Emma answered. She smiled and kicked her feet.

"You promise to come pick me up?" She questioned.

"I promise," she said to her and put the car in park. Emma and Hope got out of the car, grabbed each other's hands, and went into the building.

"Hi, may I have the name of the child?" The staff woman asked.

"Yeah, Hope Swan," she said.

"Okay, her classroom is the closest door on the left," she said, then they headed to it. Before Hope had the chance to run off, Emma grabbed her other hand.

"Be good, okay? I'll be back before you know it," she said and smiled widely towards her daughter. Hope engulfed Emma in a hug, then pulled back.

"I'll keep my promise if you keep yours," Hope said, then ran into the classroom. Emma watched as she made friends with the group of girls, fitting right in, then left.

She walked in the door and turned on the tv and put her feet on the table. As soon as she leaned back, she heard a knock on the door, and she groaned.

She opened the door, then looked up.

"Henry?" She said.

"Hey Mom!" He said and practically strangled her in a hug with his long arms.

"You've grown up!" She exclaimed, then opened the door wider to let him in.

"Yeah, it's been six years. Grandma said to leave you alone, but I thought it was time to find you," he told her, then they sat down on the couch.

"Time really does fly," Emma said.

"So, are you going to tell me why you left?" He asked her, then she looked behind her at the picture of Hope. Henry followed her gaze, then got up and picked up the picture.

"Who is this?" He questioned. Emma got up and looked at the picture with him.

"Her name is Hope, she's..." Emma trailed off, then Henry turned around.

"She's what?" He asked.

"She's your sister," she told him. He looked at her for a second more, then back at the picture.

"Where's Henry, he should've been here and hour ago," David asked. He, Snow, and Hook were on the docks.

"Maybe you should call him on your talking phone," Killian chimed in.

"It's just called a phone, Hook, and I've tried that already," he said to him.

"He might answer me, then," Killian said and pushed the Henry button.

"So you left because you were scared to tell Hook that you were pregnant?" Henry asked his mother.

"I didn't know if he would've wanted a kid and I didn't want to see his face if he didn't," Emma said, then Henry's phone started to ring.

"Speaking of the pirate," he said as he pulled it out of his pocket. Emma leaned back in shock. She hadn't talked to him since she left.

"Do you want me to take this?" Henry asked.

"Of course, go ahead," she said, then he put the phone up to his ear.

"Where the bloody hell are you? We've been waiting here for ages!" He yelled. Emma smiled a little bit because she could hear his voice from all of his yelling. Henry looked at Emma, then opened his mouth.

"I'm with Emma," he said. Emma's eyes widened and she got up. There was a very long pause before Killian's voice was heard again.

"How is she?" He asked. Henry put it on speaker, then set the phone on the table.

"She's good, she can hear you right now," he answered. Emma backed up to the wall.

"Emma?" Killian said. She slid down the wall and fell to her knees.

"Answer me, love," Hook begged. She had tears running down her face, then she looked at her watch.

"I have to go," Emma said to Henry and the phone, then ran out.

She got in her car and tried to wipe away the tears and puffiness of her face, then headed to the school.

"Mommy, you're late!" Hope said as she got into the passenger side seat. She looked up at Emma who was looking straight ahead.

"What's wrong?" She asked. Emma shook her head, then started to drive back home.

"Nothing, sweetie," she said.

Hook slowly put the phone in his pocket, then looked up at the Charming's.

"What happened?" Snow asked.

"He's with Emma," he said after a slight hesitation.

"What?" David asked. Hook dropped his bag, then got in a cop car.

"Where are you going?" David asked.

"To find Emma. This nonsense has gone on for far too long," Killian said, then grabbed the steering wheel.

"How do you drive this bloody thing?" He asked in rage.

"She'll come back when she feels she needs to," Snow said.

"No, I won't be brainwashed into delusions any longer," he said while gritting his teeth.

"Why don't you call Henry and ask him to convince her to come back?" David asked. Killian got out of the car and shut the door.

"You've got a point there, mate," he said.