29

Yoongi woke to warmth. That's all he needed: warmth, and there it was. On his right side. He opened his eyes, his sight meeting a body curled up next to him and cuddling into his side.

He smiled softly, his hands combing through your hair.

You also smiled in your sleep, like a response, loving the feeling of his warmth rubbing against your skin.

The nurse entered the room and looked at him. "You're awake." She looked at your sleeping body and sighed. "I told her that she should leave you alone and go home to rest..." She left a 'tch' at the end.

"No, no. Her being here makes me feel better." Yoongi tried to sit up. "Can you tell me what happend through my surgery? I was having some weird dreams..."

"Ah..." The woman turned a bit, grabbing a tray and walking towards the IV. She injected some fluid in there. "That should be good for now." She set the tray back. "You want to know what happened during your surgery?"

Yoongi nodded and watched as you squirmed, scooting closer to his body.

"Well, I wasn't the one working on you, so I'm not quite sure. We were doing the surgery perfectly fine, and next thing I know, the electrocardiography is show-ing a straight line, and it was beeping."

"The doctor began to freak out, and he thought it was because of too much pressure on the heart, but you were bleeding so much, I think that's what happened."

"We hooked up the cardiac defibrillator and began to pulse your heart. It wasn't working..." She paused, but only for a second. "We thought you were gone, until there were soft beats sounding through the machine. I ended up looking at it, and then at your body, and you were breathing and alive. It must have been a mirale."

Yoongi kept his eyes on you. If he left, what would happen to you? If he is gone, who will protect you from this cruel world?

The nurse flattened her lips. "I'll leave you to that thought."

"Thank you..." he spoked softly.

Namjoon opened his eyes slowly, look-ing around the cast room that was hold-ing him. The only thing out of place was the thermos filled with rice.

He smiled. He knew exactly who made this: Jin. He opened it up and smelled the scent. He loved Jin's rice.

Namjoon took a nibble, hesitant on if it was his or not. There was a voice heard outside, and it sounded angry. Namjoon frowned. Who would be so angry?

He sat up, grabbing onto the pole with his IV bags on it, and stepped out of the room.

His eyes met sight of Seokjin angrily yell-ing at you, his words hitting you like ven-om. Your eyes were cascaded down as you listened to the man's words, them causing a sting in your heart.

Namjoon pursed his lips, setting his arm on the side of his wound. In the end, he got his arm shoved away harshly, caus-ing a shot of pain to go to his wound.

Jin turned to see Namjoon. "Joonie!" He yelled, wrapping his arms around the man. "I'm so sorry! I-I didn't know it was you, and I was angry a-and..."

Namjoon shook his head. "It's okay, Jinnie. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

Namjoon nodded, and grabbed onto the man. He pulled himself closer and pecked the man ever-so-gently.

Jin felt adrenaline run through his veins from excitement. "Joonie..." he mumbl-ed, a pink shade spreading on his cheeks.

"Come on, let's hang out alone, okay?"

"Wait!" You ran up to the man and wrapped him up in your arms. "I'm sorry, Namjoon... You shouldn't have gotten hurt..."

"It's okay. It's better than you getting hurt."

"No, it's not..."

"Don't beat yourself up over it. I'm alive and breathing. How is Yoongi?"

That caused a smile to spread on your lips. "He is just napping right now."

"That's good. Any bad injuries?"

"Nope!"

He nodded and took Jin's hand.

"Come on, Jinnie. I want more kisses."

Jimin couldn't take it. The pictures of you and Hoseok with Yoongi's and Nam-joon's blood all over your hands was overwhelming, and for a weak-stomach-ed person like him, it was hard.

Taehyung was standing behind Jimin, pushing his bangs away from his face as he heaved out all of the emptiness in his stomach.

"W-what time is it?" Jimin asked.

"Ten..." Taehyung said softly, his hand running up and down the older's. "Jimin, let's go find one of the boy's rooms and you can lay down on the extra bed in the room, okay? You need rest."

Jimin shook his head. "I don't want to be weak in front of the other's."

"Then let's go home?"

Jimin shook his head once again. "I want to stay with them."

Taehyung smiled a bit, and chuckled. "You're so stubborn. Come on, I'll find somewhere for you to rest."

Jimin nodded and stood, grabbing onto the latter for support, his body not being able to stand proper.

Taehyung found a large, cushioned bench, and set Jimin's body on it. He ran his fingers through Jimin's hair, pecking his forehead. "Stay here, I'm going to get you some juice to cheer you up."

Jimin shook his head. "Stay with me, please?"

"Chim Chim, I'll be back in ten minutes tops. Just sleep. The café is only down this hall, and I promise I'll be back in a jiff."

Jimin gave in, allowing the younger to leave his side.

Once Taehyung came back, Jimin grabbed onto his hand. "Don't leave me again, please."

Taehyung smiled. "I won't," Taehyung opened the bottle. "Now drink your juice."

Jimin sat up and wrapped his small fingers around the bottle. Taehyung found it as one of the cutest things he had ever seen.

Once he was done, Tae closed it and set it on the ground, letting the older lay down. Tae laid down next to him, letting the other boy cuddle into his chest.

That was weird.

What was that unnatural heartbeat?