29

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - E I G H T

On my way to the office, I couldn't stop wondering why these strangers we're following me with their eyes. I couldn't stop mending my white off-shoulder dress until I arrive at the office.

"Excuse me."

I said to the weird man staring at my whole being all the time I was on the bus.

He was standing on my way. But when he realized what he does was taking other people's time, He moves to give way for everyone at the exit.

I glared stepping out of the transportation vehicle. What's with creepy glances anyway?

I grip the hem of my dress when I reach the foyer of our building. They were tons of fans and media supporters surrounding the opening hall. Therefore, I couldn't find any way to enter the company.

I decided to call Sohyun instead. Since she came here first than I did.

It wasn't that long when she accept my call, "Haeun, Where are you? The event is about to start."

"I'm already here. But I couldn't find any way to get in. There's a lot of people at the front."

I heard her giggle. "What do we expect from the nation's boy group?"

I couldn't contain my frustration. She even has the time to fangirl over them.

"Sohyun-"

"Jinyoung is on his way to meet you there. You might do backdoors since we couldn't find a spot to get you in from the entrance."

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute."

Sohyun sigh on the other line. "Good then, Mr. Lee wants to talk to you personally. He's been asking me for quiet few times if you already came though."

I felt my heart came exquisite. "W-Why is that?"

"I don't really know. Maybe he's about to confess his love interest for you."

That made me annoy. "That's not a good joke, Sohyun."

"Yeah. I know right." She chuckled. "Anyway, I have to go now. You still have a few minutes to be here soon."

The man walking to my way caught my attention. He smile and bowed at me.

"Jinyoung is here. I'll be there in seconds."

I end the call and bowed at Jinyoung too. I remember him being one of the finance team member for how many years in this company and I'm glad to know he was kept in his job after our boss made massive firing after that Sales Lost incident. Good for him.

"Shall we proceed to the auditorium?"

I ask. It was the room chosen to be the event hall for today.

I was bizarre when he shake his head. "No, Ma'am. Mr. Lee wanted me to escort you to his office at this moment."

Therefore, Sohyun was right. I guess he wanted to few conversations. Though I was hoping it will all be about the occasion.

On the way to the Ceo's office, they weren't such people when we reach the floor. I guess everyone was already waiting at the building foyer.

"You could proceed to his office, Ma'am."

I frown at Jinyoung. Isn't he coming with me?

"You will leave me here all alone?"

I couldn't hide my fear knowing there are no people shrouding this floor. Who knows if they are spooky creatures around here?