3

C H A P T E R   T H R E E

I felt relief when I got to the office on time. As soon as I step at the entrance, I suspect the people around. I realize everyone was busy and none was not involved in their job.

Everyone seems to focus on their work. I couldn't help but cringe at the thought.

It's Sunday yet everyone else feels hectic.

When I got to our department, Sohyun welcome me with a sigh of relief.

"Haeun! Thank goodness you're here!"

Sohyun was hastily waiting in my office chair. She looks like she got chastise by the monster.

"What's happening? It seems like chaos."

I place my bag over my table. None of the employees next to my cubicle even greeted me because they were too busy mending their computers.

"Seriously, I'm too lazy to work! Do you know the boss called for a one-minute meeting before you arrive?"

It made me lour in doubt.

"I didn't get an update about that."

A one-minute meeting is a very rare circumstance in the office. The CEO would only call it if there is an extremely crucial or urgent occurrence that arose outside the annual schedule. It only means that the company is in trouble.

"No one was. I came in and they told me to get straight to the lobby since he's announcing the problem to everyone."

"What was the meeting all about?"

Sohyun stood up from my chair with a scowl on her face.

I guess I would take her reaction as bad news.

"It's all about the competition in the market. I heard the company against us was expanding to China and we all know how our boss is targeting that country to extend his affiliates."

I couldn't believe what she said and chuckle afterward.

Who wouldn't feel threatened if the biggest boy group in South Korea right now is representing the other company?

They have gathered all the attention at this moment and the market might've shattered because of their sudden expansion.

"Anyway, I don't want any more stress. I wanna know how was your date yesterday with the twins. I saw you went out to see a movie on Jiwoo's account."

I instantly recalled our bonding from last night. The usual stroll we do was fun and eating in a fancy restaurant once in a while was marvelous.

We have always been rooting to do it in the last few days. Fortunately, I had my chance yesterday. So we took my free time and enjoyed everything.

"It was fun! The twins requested to watch a kid's movie at the cinema. How about you? What's your plan last night?"

She frowns and that me chuckle. Seems like the world has been thrown unto her face at the moment.

"Nothing much and I hope you'd realize how lucky you are to have such adorable twins. I really envy you, Haeun. I wish we could have a baby sooner this year."

I nearly chuckle for I forgot how eager she was to have a kid these days.

"It will come in time. I guess, for now, you and your husband need to spend more time with each other. Besides, you only got married for a few months."

I'm confused why she's giving all the effort to nurture a kid before the year ends. I mean- she's young. Sohyun is two years younger than my age. and so does her husband. I suggest they both should enjoy each other's company for a while.