7

C H A P T E R S E V E N

Haeun's POV

"What are you doing?"

My eyes move to the door and I saw Sohyun walking in my direction from the hallway.

I immediately grab the papers that are scattered throughout the floor before she realizes it.

"Nothing-"

Quickly, I put my diaries inside the cabinet. I made sure she didn't saw or take a peek over the pictures in my hands.

If she does, it will be the end of me.

Most of it was my childhood pictures with Sehun.

"Yeah right. You just hurried up so I wouldn't see it."

Sohyun came by since both of us are off for the whole week.

The twins surely had fun when she look after them when I went away for a while. Jieun couldn't stop mentioning the day Sohyun planned to take them out with her husband. She said they played a lot and that they even took the twins to see their favorite movie.

I was incredibly thankful to Sohyun and her husband for being patient with the kids. Although she told me that they were behaving well throughout the day and listening to her commands.

She said it was to cope up with the days she hasn't seen the twins.

"You know what? I notice you've been acting weird since you came back from China."

Her words made me unsettled.

I was trying my best to act natural yet again she's the only person who discerns it.

"I'm not acting weird. What are you talking about?"

Sohyun entered my room. I stayed on my spot on the floor when she sat over my bed.

She examines my features with her arms cross.

For some reason, I look like a teenager who's got caught over something and will get scolded by her mother.

"You know what I'm talking about. Don't you think I won't recognize it? I've seen and studied all your reactions, Haeun. And earlier I just caught you doing something that you were hiding from your kids."

My heart thumps like crazy.

"Sohyun-"

"You can trust me more than anybody else. We've been keeping secrets to each other since God knows when."

It made me sigh.

"I-I don't really know if I should say this to you or not."

She leans towards me and pats my shoulders. I could see the concern in her eyes.

"It'll be fine and I might help you sort things out. You know I wouldn't let you face those problems alone. I'm always willing to lend an ear for you, Haeun."

"Well... If I tell you this, promise me not to mention it to anyone. Not even the kids."

Sohyun raises her pinky finger and said, "I swear to my entire life."