28

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - E I G H T

After dinner, The confuse Haeun went upstairs to check on Sehun. She past by the kid's bedroom first and saw them hardly asleep.

They seem to have lots of fun at Sehun's dorm after school. They've been talking randomly about their uncles on the table as they eat.

Her eyes quiver at the small round bowl on top of the twin's night table. She couldn't help but smile knowing that the guys didn't forget about the fish they promise to grant for Jieun.

They bought her a princess fish if that's when they call. It was beautiful. It has colors mix of silvery pink. Indeed, Jieun was very glad to welcome her to the house when they got home.

Haeun felt delighted after shutting the door close. However, Sudden events still bothered her mind as she walks to her room at the last isle.

First, was Exo formally signing a contract with L.E. Corporations for years. It was confusing on her part. Recalling the bad incident that happened between Sehun and her boss.

She wondered if her boss uses it as a ticket to secure his future assets in the industry.

What if he blackmailed Sehun that's why everything went on too promptly? Or was it the other way around?

When Haeun opened the door of her room, Sehun greeted her with massive clothing on the floor. Frowning, she couldn't even find a tiny spot to slip her foot inside the room.

"Do you need help?"

Sehun was torched on her bed. Almost grumping over the mess he did.

"I told you all of this wouldn't fit here."

"Sorry."

He lazily stood up from his seat. His large hands grab some stuff on the floor and stuck it all back in a suitcase to create pathways for her.

"I heard some news from work this morning."

Sehun went stiff in his place. Haeun thought he would say a word. Yet, his shriveled eyes remained on the floor.

It made her sigh.

"I hope you weren't after all of this, Sehun."

She cross her arms over her chest and rest her back at the door.

Sehun lick his lower lips before darting gazes in her direction. He knew he couldn't lie. Not when he thought things were going on his way.

"Weren't you happy about it?" He shrug his shoulders. "We'll be working together now. In the same company. As much as you don't want too. I can't let you go off my sight, Babe."

Not when her boss is around.

Haeun was astonished at his reply. Sehun just gave her the answers to her confusion already. Yet, she wanted more.

"Sehun, I bet you haven't forgotten what happened between you and my boss which is literally the owner of the company you signed a contract for years."

The last time between them was terrible to recall and her boss didn't speak to her for months after that situation since they came back from traveling and now, she'd learn they were making bargains behind her back. How weird is that?

"I haven't forgotten about that."

"Then why did you accept the contract? Sehun, you don't know what he could do. My boss could use this as a windfall to take over your success."

Or might be to cornered him for his mistake and drag him off the list of stars with his teammates.

She never wanted things to reach that far.