chapter eleven: A new world left unexplored (Gruvia Chapter) part 2

Start from the beginning

"Sorry Juvia," I said appolegitically. "What was wrong?"

Juvia lifted her head there was was a tear running down her cheek. "Erza... this is all my fault, the potion I used was untested and for my own selfish needs."

I looked at Juvia as she wept.

"If it wasn't for my potion then my friends wouldn't be the ones cleaning my mess up," she cried. "Its all my fault!"

"Juvia..." I started. But she already had a whole waterfall cascading down her cheeks.

"It was an accident," I said. "You didn't mean for this to happen."

Juvia said nothing. "Besides at least you took action," I continued.

"What do you mean?" Juvia muttered.

"I mean," I said. Then hesitated. "What I'm about to tell you is top secret, you tell nobody."

Juvia nodded obediently.

"I like Jellal ok," I said, then blushed. "His blue sea hair and reassuring smile..."

Juvia said nothing. I then realised I wasn't helping. "I never found an ounce of bravery to tell him I felt, but you!"

she blinked her blue eyes at me in innocence. "Me?"

I nodded. "You," I continued. "You were brave enough to make a flipping potion for him!"

"I suppose your right..."

and for the first time in 2 hours, Juvia Lockser smiled.

***

Lucy P.O.V

"Magic isn't real, its just some old make believe," I whispered. I felt strong hands under my chin lift my head. my eyes dragged itself to gaze at Mr Birch's blue mist.

"Or is it..." he muttered.

I dropped my gaze. "What do you mean?"

Mr Birches raised his hands into the air. The wind kissed my cheeks as my hair flew behind my shoulders. 

"Magic is real, everyone has it deep inside their souls, they just have to find it," Mr Birches explained to me. "For instance,  a little baby could be born this very minute and grow up thinking she is not special and is always depressed, but little does she know that she holds a very dangerous weapon."

"What weapon?" I asked curiously. 

"Magic," he nodded. I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Magic is dangerous?"

Mr Birches chuckled. "Ho yes, quite dangerous, but not very dangerous. Of course it depends on the user, they must learn to control their gifts and be at one with them, or things can turn quite gruesome."

I looked down at the floor. If magic is real and the herbs has something to do with magic, then Natsu must be connected to this magic somehow. 

"But then its the path they take which really matters," he continued. "Good and evil, light and darkness."

"What sort of magic is used for darkness?" I asked. 

"I think you mean why," he said. Clearly not answering my question. "People are selfish and greedy, some want power and some do it just to hurt others, every dark magic user has a motive."

I looked up at Mr Birches. "And what's your motive, Mr Birches?"

He looked down at me. "Why mine?" he said slowly. Then smiled. "To help people like you of course!"

Rules of Attraction |Nalu|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara