CHAPTER 15

Peters arms was hooked around MJ as they came down to the Christmas party to find people dancing and singing to Christmas Carols. Everything was perfect. Except something was missing for him. . . Aunt May.
MJ went away to get something to eat while Tony took Peter to the corner to talk about the Spiderman topic.

"Hey kid. You okay? Ya know, the spiderman thing?" He said calmly, his hand was on Peters shoulder, squeezing it tight.
Peter slightly shrugged. Really it wasn't okay. Peter felt as if he was a criminal, he knew he was going to have to talk to S.H.E.I.L.D that just hurt him.

"Not really. It's just- if- if Aunt May didn't die, none of this Spiderman being bad would have happened, everything would be normal" He hesitated, his eyes were watering. He lowered his head so Tony couldn't see hin cry. But Tony still lifted his head with just two of his fingers.

"Hey Petey. If that Aunt May didn't die. None of this would happen. Having a dad. Me. Having an Avengers family, being with MJ." He turned his head to find MJ talking to Wanda, Peter smiled. "Just be thankful" He kissed Peters head before searching for Steve in the crowd.
Peter walked back to the dance floor where he stood with MJ.
Everything felt right again, until there was a ding in the elevator.
Ned.

"Oh no" Peter mumbled. Ned was in rage, his eyes were hot with anger. Peter rushed up to Ned with guilt and sorrow in his eyes.
"Ned I'm so sorry" Ned lifted his hand to shut up Peter.

"How could you Peter? I'm your bestfriend! And you never told me you and MJ are dating?" He said, his tone annoyed and angry. His hands were in fists. Peter was going to cry.

"Ned! I'm so sorry! I forgot. Please forgive me" Peter pleaded. His hands were together shaking them. Ned looked in disgust.

"Bye Peter" Ned said angrily. He left. Peter stood there guiltly, he looked at the floor. Realizing what he has done he rushed over to the cemetery to meet May. He couldn't really handle the fact he lost his best friend.
He went to his room to dress as spiderman, to swing his way there without the Avengers knowing. When he got dressed in his suit, he opened his window and as soon as he was about to go out he heard a soft voice.

"Peter?" The voice was weary, sad and in disbelief. MJ. Peter quickly turned around to find tears rolling down MJs face. Her hands were shaking, her face was angry.

"MJ. It-it's not what it looks like" He rushed up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder which she pushed off. "MJ, please. Listen, please" His voice was soft and in guilt. MJ couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"You expect me to forgive you? You lied to me this whole time about being Spiderman?" She said sadly. She got her converse, quickly put then on and turned away.

"MJ. Wait!" Peter called out. But she has already left. Peter sat on his bed, letting out all his emotions. He sobbed with his head in his hands. He needed fresh air. He put on his mask and swung to the cemetery.

Back at the living room, everyone was dancing and singing Christmas carols. Natasha and Bruce were dancing together with Clint third wheeling. Vision and Wanda were on the couch talking and laughing, Tony was going on to everyone, checking if they were having a good time whilst Steve was at the bar having some beer.
As everyone was dancing, Tony came to the bar to start a convo with Steve. But what they didn't know was that there was mistletoe right ontop of them.

"Hey Steve" Tony greeted. Steve turned around and smiled.

"Hey Tony" Steve replied. His voice seemed like it was out of breathe, even though he was sitting here and drinking.

"Enjoying the party?" A typical thing to say. Obviously. Stupid Tony Tony thought to himself.
Steve nodded slightly.

"It's nice" He said poiletly. Tony was literally about to punch himself. God damn it Tony!
Tony looked a bit sad but he quickly just ordered a drink.