Their Mums Take Care of Them (Luke)

Luke's P.O.V.

I woke up suddenly with the urge to sneeze, but my mum was home and I wanted to hang with the boys and y/n. She'd never let me go if I was getting sick and she's heard me coughing during the night. My breathing hitched and I sneezed into my hand loudly. I sneezed two more loud sneezes after that.

"Lukey Pookey," mum called, "Are you alright?!"

"I'm fine mum, s'just dusty in here," I breathed in through my mouth, "Maybe it's not dusty in the studio."

I sneezed into my hand loudly again which set of some coughs. I heard footsteps and knew they were mum's. Shit! I grinned at her while she came in my room and sat on my bed.

"It's not dusty in here Luke."

I sneezed again, into the back of my wrist.

"Well I am sneezing so it must be the dust."

"Lukey you know that I am more allergic to dust than you are and I am not sneezing."

"Maybe you don't have anymore allergies."

I started coughing into my hand, the wet coughs shaking my body. I felt her put her hand on my forehead as I kept coughing.

"That's one hell of a flu Lukey, you can't go to the studio."

A tear fell down my cheek and mum wiped it off.

"You wouldn't want to get your friend sick would you? Especially not y/n, you're crush."

"Mum," I shouted hoarsely.

"What? It's not like she's here in the room with us."

She started laughing and I glared at her.

She stopped and tucked me back in, "Get some rest Luke, your body needs it."

I nodded, turned over, and closed my eyes. As soon as she's kissed me on the cheek, turned out the light, and I heard her footsteps go lightly out the door, I sat up. I'm going to the studio. I quietly got dressed and went to Jack's room.

"Jack," I whispered.

He looked at me.

"Remember when you were suspended and I covered for you?"

He nodded.

"I'm sick. Cover for me?"

"You get it little bro," he ruffled my hair in the way to my room.

Yes! I started coughing, not having the time to cover.

"Okay Jack I'm heading out," I told him as he laid in my bed.

"Do me a favor first."

"Yea?"

"You have a lot of snot," he gagged, "Coming out of your nose."

Now that he mentioned it I could feel it and I ran into the bathroom. I got a tissue and wiped it before going back out to Jack.

"Better?"

"Yea."

I nodded and rushed to the studio. I ran to our studio to see the boys and y/n just chilling there. I opened the door and they all stared at me.

"I'm here," I said.

"Luke you look horrible," y/n frowned.

She was right I felt terrible. She came towards me and was about to put her hand on my forehead when I swatted it away.

"I'm fine y/n," I told her, "Can we just hang."

They all nodded awkwardly and I sat down. They moved away.

"What," I asked.

They all stared at each other before y/n responded, "Luke you're sick, I'm calling your mother."

"No reason to." A voice said.

Shit! I watched my mum walk into the room.

"Lukey Pookey why did you leave," she asked.

I heard them all snicker. I was going to answer, but my breathing hitched. It kept hitching and it was getting annoying. My eyes fluttered and my breath just kept hitching. Come on with it already. I was starting to cry and I could feel them all watching me, probably with pity and shock.

I felt my nostrils keep twitching and then someone messages my nose in circles, coaxing the sneeze. My breath hitched one more time and I sneezed loudly into the tissue that someone held over my nose. They wiped my nose with it. I opened my eyes to see my mum smiling at me.

"There you go Lukey," she smiled.

I burst into tears, "I want to go home."

"Alright come on Luke"

I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and looked to my friends.

"Luke it means a lot that you came to hang with us even when you're like this, but you should go home and rest. Beside you have the best mum sitting right there ready to take care of you."

"I do Ash don't I," I smiled at her.

He came over and hugged me. My mum helped me up and walked me out. She took care of me for the rest of the week that I was sick and then the week after when Ash had caught it.