Claireisanerd's Request

" I'll be over in 5 minutes to pick you up. See you in a bit Claire! " The last text read.

I let my phone fall from my hand and onto the bed, my head pounding and stomach gurgling.

" Of course, the one time I get to hang with Mikey and I get sick." I muttered aloud, stepping onto the cold wood floor of my room.

I stumbled towards the bathroom, taking a glance at myself in the mirror. I had hair sticking up at odd angles, beads of sweat slowly running down my face, and the remains of last nights dinner on my shirt. I sighed, stumbling back towards the closet to grab an outfit.

I shifted through my clothes before finding a pair of light-wash ripped jeans and grey (gray) crop top. I made my way back towards the bathroom, my vision swimming.

I set my outfit down before removing my sweat covered pajamas and stepping into the shower, the cold water bringing relief to my aching body.

Finally when Mikey gets a show here and I finally get to see him, I get fucking sick.

Way to go Claire.

I finished my shower, putting my clothes on before running a hand through my knotted hair.

I pulled my hair into a side braid, my hand brushing against my forehead in the process.

I defiantly had a fever.

I made my way dizzily to the kitchen, opening the freezer and grabbing an icepack.

I wrapped a towel around it and placed it on my forehead to make the fever less noticeable.

Suddenly I heard a knock at my apartment door.

"Claire? It's Mikey, open up." I heard Mikey's muffles voice through the door.

"One second!" I said as loud as I could, my throat felt raw.

I chucked the icepack back into the freezer and ran to my room to grab my keys and purse.

My vision still swimming, I raced back to my front door and opened it, revealing a grinning Mikey.

"Hey Claire! How've you been?" Said Mikey, hugging me tight around the middle.

"Good! How've you been, with tour and everything?" I asked, trying to keep my forehead away from his touch.

"I've been good, I mean the boys and I have gotten sick more often because of being together all the time, but we take care of each other." He said, releasing me from his tight grip, which I was relieved for.

"That's good." I said, a forced smile on my face as I tried to keep myself upright.

"Yeah, you ready to go? The car is waiting outside." He said, smiling back at me.

"Yeah, let's go!" I said, trying to sound enthusiastic as my vision continued to swim.

Mikey grabbed my wrist, leading me towards the elevator.

"I'm so happy we got a gig in your town, we finally get to hang out again!" Said Mikey, his voice muffled in my feverish brain.

"Claire, you okay?" Asked Mikey, pulling me out of my thoughts. I didn't realize that we were already out in the parking lot.