NO VOTES?? (A/N)

It was the first wave of the season in a little town on the shore of Oahu, Hawaii. Sure they could go in the waters of the many sections of the beach, but Surfer's Cove was always closed at the end of summer to prevent anyone from getting hurt.

This was all because of two years ago and it was the end of fall when Kayla, Taylor, and their friend Jake went surfing. The beach wasn't closed at the time so anyone was allowed to surf whenever.

They were having fun and laughing when it started storming and Jake fell off his board. He wasn't found. Now it is three years later and Taylor and Kayla are sixteen.

Taylor

"Grab the juice boxes Kayla and let's go" I smiled.

I'm in a good mood because today is the first wave and I'm going to surf with all my friends today. Kayla brought her shirt up and filled the newly created hole with juice boxes.

"Hurry up" I yelled.

She got her surfboard and my surfboard, then came back out to me.

"Did you grab the cookies" she asked.

"Yes."

"Good."

"Yes now hurry" I said and then grabbed her arm.

I pulled her all the way to the boardwalk.

"Taylor you made me drop the juice boxes!"

"Not my fault you weren't hurrying! Beat you to Jim's!"

"No!"

It was too late, I'd already taken off. I looked behind me to see Kayla holding what juice boxes were left in her surfing shirt as she ran. I was laughing until I ran to the end of the wooden path. I stopped when my bare feet hit the rocks that the idiots they call children like to leave there.

"Ow, ow, ow."

I mentally cursed the people for letting their kids play with the rocks and not even caring that they left rocks in peoples' way. They didn't only affect us bare-footed retards, but the rocks got stuck in peoples' flip flops and- oh my gosh it's Jim's.

I ran faster, the fastest I could on the light brown sand. I tried to stop when I saw Jim, but I couldn't and I almost knocked him down. At the last minute I threw my arms out and spun around with him, him laughing as I did so.

I laughed afterwards and then Kayla came up, out of breath.

"Hey girls" Jim greeted.

He was an old man, looked like he could be Santa's really slim, no facial-haired younger brother.

"Hey Jim" I said, still laughing.

"Hi Jim" Kayla greeted once shed caught her breath.

"What's on the agenda for today?"

"Surfing" we answered at the same time, both excited.

"Oh yea the first wave of the season is today at noon."

"I know" I said and then looked over to see my boyfriend Joey. "Joey!"

I ran over to him and then gave him a hug. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around me. Then we walked back to Jim and Kayla.

"I have to tell you something" Joey whispered in my ear.

"Hold up" I whispered back and then tuned back into the conversation I was having before.

"Can you hold our cookies and juice boxes" Kayla asked as I walked back up.

"Sure, but you guys better hurry up" Jim told us. "First wave is in a couple of minutes."