Child Is Sick and He Catches It (Liam)

Your P.O.V.

I was cuddling and sleeping with my husband, Liam, on his day off. Tomorrow he had rehearsals. The ringing of the phone woke me up from my peaceful slumber. I looked at the name and number to see it was Pepperidge Farm Elementary School. (I know that Pepperidge Farm is a bread company haha X'D) I answered it.

M: Me E: Elementary

M: Hello?

P: Hello is this Mr. or Mrs. Payne?"

M: It's Mrs. Payne.

P: Hello this is Nurse Jacobs calling from Pepperidge Farm Elementary, we are calling to inform you that we think Sydney Payne (7) has a case of whooping cough that's very contagious. Can someone pick her up?

M: Yes I am on my way.

P: Thank you.

I hung up. Poor baby. I slipped my shoes on, careful not to wake Liam. I grabbed the keys, went out to the car, and drove to the school. I went into the school and signed Sydney out before picking her up. 

"Hey baby", I said, looking through the rear-view mirror. 

She coughed and it did sound like she had whooping cough.

"Aww my poor sick baby", I reached back and ruffled her hair.

"Mommy my throat hurts", she whimpered.

"It's ok", I told her, "You can watch TV in your room when we get home."

She smiled, "Can I eat?"

She coughed again and I cringed before nodding. I drove the rest of the way home and we went into the house. I fixed her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich as she sat down on one of the stools in our kitchen. I made hearts out of the sandwiches and then handed them to her.

Liam came down the stairs and hugged Sydney, "Hey what are you doing home early?"

"Li don't she's very contagious with a whooping cough and sore throat."

"A little cough won't hurt me", he smiled at her.

"Done mommy", she said.

"Go upstairs and get ready for bed honey."

"Yes mommy", she hugged Liam before running upstairs.

"You're gonna get sick", I said walking past.

"No I won't", he smiled.

"You're so cute when you think you're being adorable."

"Oh leave me alone y/n."

You smiled and walked past him to go check on Sydney.

Liam's P.O.V.

When it was time for bed, I actually felt tired. I fell right asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. A strong urge to cough woke me up. No longer had I had sat up that loud coughs rattled from my body. I sprang up and ran downstairs, not wanting to wake y/n. I was shoken by the coughs that sputtered from my mouth and into my fist. It hurt to cough. I must've caught Sydney's whopping cough and sore throat.

I grabbed the keys and headed to work. I can't miss rehearsals because I have a cough. I started coughing even harder and louder and it felt like my throat was on fire. I wrapped one of my hands around my neck, trying to cease the pain in my throat and chest. I parked my car in the studio parking lot and went inside. 

"Hi boys", I said.

"Hey Liam", Zayn greeted, "You feeling alright?"

"I'm fine", I tried to fight the urge to cough.

"Ok let's start", Paul said, coming in and taking a seat in his chair.

"I figured it out", Niall started, "I figured it out from black and white..."

"I know how it goes", I sung into my mic, "I know how goes from wrong and-"

I pulled the mic away and coughed loudly into my fist. All the boys looked at me.

"Mate it sounds like you have whooping cough", Louis said and walked towards me.

"Well if I do, you shouldn't come near me", I backed away a little.

"Liam if you're sick, you need to go home", Paul said.

"We have a show tomorrow and-"

"That's why you need to go home and get rest, we can't have you coughing like that tomorrow. I thought you were gonna die on me just now. Have Niall take you home."

I nodded. It's good Niall is taking me home, he's had so many illnesses that his immune sysyem is probably made of steel. Niall followed me to my car and Niall got in the drivers seat while I got in the passengers.  He drove me home.

"Hey y/n", Niall called, "I brought a coughing Liam home for you!"

Y/n came down the stairs, "Aww Li."

"Yea he was coughing badly."

"Oh well thank you Niall."

"Yea I'm gonna go catch the double decker back to the studio."

"No, for heaven's sake, I'll drive you Ni. You're like family."

"Ok thanks a lot y/n", he turned to me, "Get some sleep Liam."