Child Is Sick and He Catches It (Zayn)

Zayn's P.O.V.

I heard coughing and retching and I looked over to see y/n was still sleeping peacefully. I sighed and got up, walking to where the sound was coming from. I walked into the kids' bathroom to find Connor (4) throwing up. 

"Aww buddy", I cooed sitting next to my little Connor.

"Papa I don't feel good", he whimpered.

"Okay just sit there, I'll be right back."

"No papa", he whined and grabbed my arm.

"I'll be right back, I promise."

He let go and I ran downstairs to get the Pepto Bismol. I ran back up to Connor.

"Take this buddy", I poured some in a cap for him.

He took it and I rubbed his sweaty hair. 

"Connor, do you feel hot?"

"No it freezing", he whimpered and shivered.

I felt really bad for him. I took the thermometer and put it in his mouth.

"Papa my stomach hurts."

"Are you gonna throw up?"

He nodded sadly. I quickly took the thermometer out of his mouth and he threw up. I rubbed his back as he sobbed.

"You done", I asked.

He was crying as he nodded. I put the thermometer in his mouth again.

"I'm sorry you don't feel good buddy."

He sniffled thickly. The thermometer came to a conclusion, leting out a whine. I looked at it: 102.3

"You've got a fever bud", I told him, "Wanna lay with papa downstairs? We'll watch Frozen?"

He nodded and I picked him up. I carried him down the stairs and sat him on the couch while I went to get a bucket in case he got sick again. I put the bucket in his lap berfore I turned on the movie and sat down. It was the karaoke version. I was pretty sure I was watching the movie alone until I heard:

"Let it go", Connor sobbed, "Let it go, I am one with the wind and sky."

It broke my heart to see Connor cry his way through his favorite song. Pretty soon Silvia (18) came down the stairs.

"Hey dad, hey Connor", she said, "Why is Connor holding a bucket?"

"Connor sick", he whimpered.

"Aww Coopie", she cooed and then turned to me, "What's wrong with him?"

"I woke up to find him in the bathroom throwing up, he has the chills and a fever of 102.3", I told her.

"Sounds like the stomach flu dad", she told me, "I've got to head into work. Be careful dad."

She bent over and kissed my cheek before grabbing the keys on her way out.

"Be careful Silvia", I called.

"I'll be fine dad", she yelled back.

I turned to Cooper to see he was trying to fall asleep. I scooped him closer to me. I started to fall asleep myself. 

"Honey", it sounded far away, "Honey."

I opened my eyes to see y/n, "Honey you've slept all day."

I looked over to see that Connor was gone.

"Zaynbug did you know that Connor was sick", she asked.

I nodded and yawned.

"Are you tired", she asked. 

I nodded and tried to close my eyes.

"Honey come upstairs", she pulled my arm.

I walked upstairs and fell on the bed, letting exhaustion set in and darkness taking over. I woke up to see y/n still asleep. I walked into the bathroom, sneezing. I looked in the mirror to see I looked like how Connor looked yesterday.

"Babe", I called, but winced at how dry my voice was.

"Zayn are you alright?"

I coughed and then sneezed. I feel miserable.

"Yes I'm fine, my allergies are acting up."

"Oh ok. How's Connor?"

"I don't know. Was he sneezing a couple of days ago?"

"Two days ago. Why?"

"No reason I just care."

I pulled my shoes on and ate a breakfast bar. Shit. I grabbed the keys and went out to the car. I headed to the studio, but halfway my stomach began to churn and I felt sick to my stomach. I wrapped my arm around my stomach as I felt bile rise in my throat.

"Shit", I dry heaved and swerved over to the side. 

Lukily no one was on the road to look at me while I spilled my breakfast in the grass on the side of the road. I was trembling and I felt like I was freezing, but I knew it was about ninety degrees outside. I sobbed as another round of sick came out of my mouth and onto the once green grass. THis happened twice more and then I opened the passenger seat door and climbed in.

I was still trembling while I dialed y/n.

Y: Y/n Z: Zayn

Y: Hey honey.

Z: I just threw up on the side of the road four times.

I sobbed into the phone. 

Y: Calm down, we'll come and get you.

I felt bile rise and another round of sick came up and into the grass.

Z: Hur...ry

Y: Did you just throw up?

I whimpered.

Y: We're on our way.

Z: Thanks babe, bye.

I hung up and about an hour later y/n pulled up behind me. Silvia got out and got in the driver's seat. She handed me a bucket.

"Just in case dad."

I nodded and tried to keep from throwing up as she started dribing home, y/n behind us. I lost the fight and another round of sick came forcefully up. 

"Silvia...can you...crack...up...the heat", I asked in between gagging.

"Sure dad", she put her hand on my forehead.

"Damn dad you are running a crazy temperature", Silvia said, shocked, "Why didn't you let mom or I know?"

"I was only coughing and sneezing", I told her, "And then my stomach started hurting halfway there."

"Well lay down and get some rest dad", she told me.

I nodded and let a fever-induced sleep wash over me.