Chapter 23

The next morning, Jieun, of course, was the first one awake. She prepared breakfast for them and began writing a note to each of them.

"Jieun?" Donghyuk says while sitting up and seeing Jieun folding her last paper onto a neat pile.

"Good morning Donghyuk." She smiles.

"You're not leaving are you?" He asks like a child.

"Not right now."

The rest of the guys wake up and start to eat slowly.

"Why are you guys eating so slowly?" She asks.

"So we can have more time with you." Junhoe explains.

"I'm sorry guys. I promise to visit you as often as possible."

"It won't be the same though." Hanbin pouts.

"It will, I promise to come over and make you dinner at least once a week."

"If you break your promise, we will find you and bring you here ourselves." Chanwoo threatened. They all laugh but breakfast seemed to end quicker than usual.

"No! Who was the last person to put their plate in the sink?!" Bobby yells.

"Mine." Jieun laughs.

"Gosh dang it." The guys try to plead to Jieun to stay but she insisted of allowing them to continue their work.

"So is this really it?" Junhoe asks. Jieun wheels herself to the front porch.

"No. I'll come back soon." She smiles.

"Jieun! Don't go!" Chanwoo cries.

"Don't cry Chanwoo. You'll make everyone else cry." She points at the 7 guys behind her. Donghyuk comes out with a box.

"Jieun, before you leave, please accept this as a gift from all of us." Donghyuk reveals a necklace that says iKON on it. She takes it and holds back her tears.

"Thank you so much guys." She hugged each and every one of them.

"Are you ever going to come back as trip coordinator?" Junhoe hiccups.

"I don't know. We'll see what the future has in store for both you and me." She smiles. 

She checks the time and sees that she has to go.

"I have to go guys." She slowly reverses herself but she was hugged from behind.

"Please don't go." Donghyuk cried onto her shoulders.

"Thank you so much for all you've done for me Donghyuk." She hugs back, allowing her tears to fall. She turns around once again to face the guys.

"Thank you so much guys, for 5 years of happiness." She wheels herself out of the building, listening to each of them calling her name.

"Jieun-ah!" Donghyuk's cry stood out the most to her.

"Please don't leave!" He cries.

"I love you!" He yells and hiccups. She doesn't look back, knowing if she does, she would burst out into tears.

 "Promise me Jinhwan, that you will continue to support the guys in their choices." She whispers and smiles.

"Promise me Bobby, that you will continue to encourage the guys in their choices."

"Promise me Yunhyeong, that you will continue to be happy with the guys in their choices."

"Promise me Hanbin, that you will continue to have the patience with the guys in their choices."

"Promise me Junhoe, that you will continue to respect your hyungs in their choices."

"Promise me Chanwoo, that you will continue to deal with your hyungs in their choices."

"Promise me Donghyuk, that you will continue to love your hyungs, as you have to me."

"Promise me, iKON, that you will continue to stay strong and happy."

Tears fall onto her lap while she continues to push herself farther and farther away from her source of happiness.

"I love you iKON."

//