Chapter 9

After the concert, the guys crowded around Jieun.

"Are we really going to Indonesia?" Bobby asks. Jieun nods and everyone cheers.

"Why do we have so many concerts before we can go?" Chanwoo complained.

"It'll go by quickly. I promise." Jieun reassured.

Before they knew it, they were on their second to last concert before their break.

"Dang Jieun was right. That did go by quickly." Chanwoo recalled.

"Yeah but we haven't seen her since that conversation." Yunhyeong said.

"Should we call her?" Jinhwan suggested. They decided to call her before they were called but she didn't answer.

"What? She always answers." Junhoe says as he begins to worry.

"She's probably catching up on sleep you guys. We shouldn't worry." Hanbin assumed.

"Probably. We should probably get out there now." Jinhwan says with a worried expression.

As they get on stage they had a smile on their face. A fake one of course. They couldn't handle the fact their closest female friend isn't answering their calls and texts.

At the end of the concert, they wave at their fans and exit the stage.

"I'm heading out to find Jieun." Donghyuk says as he puts on his jacket.

"Same." The guys leave the area and take a van to Jieun's house.

As they knock on the door, there was no response.

They knock again, no answer.

"Where could she be?" They whispered under their breath.

They knock one more time and see a very pale Jieun, barely holding onto the door.

"Jieun-ah!" They all screamed. They help Jieun up to her feet and help her sit down. There were a bunch of tissues and cough drop wrappers everywhere.

"What happened!" Hanbin asks as he checks her temperature. She was too weak to respond.

"She has a fever." Jinhwan announced.

"Why didn't you call one of us?" Jieun lightly shook her head.

"You guys leave for Indonesia in 2 weeks. I can't worry you guys now." She says while breathing heavily.

"We've been worried since you left our first concert!" Junhoe cried.

"It's ok. I just need to take my medication." She says as she gets up. She walks to the bathroom and she takes her medication.

She walks back to see the guys just sitting awkwardly on the couch.

"Look guys, I appreciate you guys coming over but I really need you guys to finish your last concert strongly next week. You guys should start practicing." Jieun explained.

"Not with our coordinator like this." Donghyuk said sternly.

"It shouldn't matter to you what condition I'm in. As long as you guys are healthy, I really shouldn't make a big fuss about it." Jieun said.

"But it does matter to us. Why won't you allow us to help you for once?" Jinhwan asks.

"Because I'm just a trip coordinator!" Jieun yells as she gets up. "I could care less about myself because I'm so caught up into making the perfect trip for you guys! I want to help you guys relieve the stress that is going on in your lives, I want to help you guys with all of your problems in your lives, I want to help you guys bond with each other." Jieun says softly.

"Jieun-." Hanbin says.

"No. Don't say it." Jieun shakes her head. "Please prepare for next week. You guys still have one more concert." The guys turn to leave with Jieun right behind them.

"I'm sorry guys." Jieun says as she closes the door on them. Once she turns around, she collapses.

"What was that?" Chanwoo says as he turns around to the noise.

"Chanwoo let's go." Yunhyeong says.

"But Jieun could be-."

"She was the one who told us to go. We can come back later." Bobby says. The guys start walking back to their dorm with nervous steps.

Once reaching their rooms they relax on their beds.

"Ahh this is the first time I've seen Jieun so mad." Yunhyeong says.

"Same. I've never heard her yell at anyone like that." Hanbin says.

"Did we really make her that mad?" Chanwoo asks.

"I think we did." Jinhwan says while putting his head down.

Back Jieun's place, she fell right in front of her door in exhaustion.

"I'm sorry guys." She whispers.

"I wasn't able to stay strong like you guys wanted."

"I wasn't able to protect you guys at Vietnam."

"I wasn't able to provide a good example for you guys." She gets up weakly and head to the couch.

"I wasn't able to stay calm for this situation."

"I wasn't able to fulfill the position of your trip coordinator."

"I'm sorry." She cried softly.

With iKON, they kept quiet for the rest of the afternoon.

"Why does not talking to Jieun feel so bad?" Donghyuk says.

"I don't know. She even kicked us out of her house." Junhoe reminded.

"iKON." Everyone turns their head to see their manager. "It's time to practice."

They drag themselves back to the practice room but couldn't decide what to practice.

"We should practice 'M.U.P'." Yunhyeong suggested.

"Why not practice 'Don't Let Me Know'?" Jinhwan also suggested.

"We can do 'Just Go'." Bobby says.

"Ok that makes our situation worst." Hanbin rolled his eyes.

"We'll practice 'Apology' instead." Donghyuk says. They practiced the song over and over again with more feeling each time they repeated and before they knew it, they started crying.

"Is it bad to admit that I kinda miss talking to Jieun?" Bobby admitted while wiping his tears.

"We all do." They all say as they wipe their faces.

"I have the temptation to see her again." Junhoe says.

"We can't. We don't want her to feel more pain than she is already enduring." Hanbin says sadly.

The guys start walking towards their dorm and open the door. They see an envelope with a heart on it.

"What's inside?" Chanwoo asks. Donghyuk opens the envelope.

"Tickets." It took them to realize what it meant.

"We're going." Bobby says shockingly.

"By ourselves." Jinhwan finished.

//