70. Hatred

DEDICATION TIME!!!!!!

Jily_Forever2190 (Get better soon! I still miss you loads.)

loonylovegood247 (thanks for the votes!)

Connorlovegood

AyannaPotter

tickingnoise

Luciana_Patronus

FanGirlFictionair

I notice all votes and comments, and have read every single comment, even if I haven't replied!

Thank you all for the support, and I'm glad you guys want a sequel.

Enjoy the chapter, which will be longer.

I'm sitting in Severus's office again.

"Tell me more about Mama Bird."

"She had black hair, and loved muggles. She always had her hair tied up, and stayed positive. She had green eyes, and had a red dress that she loved wearing. She would walk invisible with me through school, flying when I was in a hurry or if the corridors were packed."

"She must have been really loyal to follow you around."

"I don't think she had anything else to do. A lot of the time her mind was in another place. She was a very good friend to me." He smiles fondly. "She would stand next to me in class and help me when I was stuck, speaking to me in my head. She was the one who taught me how to do it, and made me promise not to show anyone, except someone who needed it."

"Me?"

"Yes. I chose you."

"Thanks. Also, how come she had nothing else to do? Wasn't she a student?"

"No, she was an adult, but not a teacher."

"How did she react to James?"

"It was like she knew what was going to happen, and subtly tried to change it. She was cheeky like that, always prepared to help me. She even called me baby bird."

"Did she teach you to fly, too?"

"Yes. The last time I heard from her was in a letter, explaining that she wouldn't be around anymore. In the letter she told me her story."

"What was it?"

"I don't think I should tell you that. You'll find out when you're older."

"Okay. For once, you know something I don't."

"Feels good."

"So she got you a watch?"

"I have no idea where she got the money."

"Did Dumbledore know she was at Hogwarts?"

"Yes, and he allowed it. Why, I have no idea. All I know is that they were friends. She knew more about him than he did. I always enjoyed watching them, as well."

"How did you meet her?"

"At the end of my first year. I had felt eyes on me all year, but blamed that on the castle. James had learned a new hex, and wanted to try it on someone. She fixed me up, and introduced herself as Mama Bird, promising to be my guardian. I think that's enough. She wouldn't be happy with me telling you any more."

"Why not?"

"You'll understand one day."

I sigh, and get up.