56. Mama's little love hand

THANK YOU GUYS FOR 5K READS!!!!!!!! I am so happy right now, and I'm sitting at the doctor's right now. I'm not allowed to squeal or anything.

Awkward.

Also, I want to say thanks to my teacher. He helped me out today. Thanks a lot, Mr Leaf. (See what I did there, classmates?)

Dedicated to aleenajankhan. Ravenclaw rocks.

Enjoy.

George slowly pulls away. I open my eyes, and Fred cheers.

"That's my twin! Go George!"

George grins sheepishly. "You wouldn't mind being my girlfriend, would you?"

I blush. "I would love to, George Weasley."

His grin widens, and we head down to the black lake. Fred decides to give us some space.

George rubs his neck once we're on the ground. "I'm not the best at making this any less awkward."

I laugh. "I'm not either." I smile up at him. "That was a pretty grand exit you had."

"Well, Fred had the idea from those fireworks you gave him."

"That was their purpose."

He laughs. "You had this planned out? I thought I was the one who thought ahead."

"Well, I knew it was going to happen. I just wanted to make sure. Are you going to join the order?"

"Yes, why?"

I squirm. "I'll tell you at the next meeting. Don't be bummed out when you hear about Sirius, I'll explain everything. Please don't hate me or anything."

He walks closer to me, until we're almost touching. He looks into my eyes. "I would never hate you. Whatever it is, you'll have a good reason for keeping it from me."

I chuckle. "Look at us, discussing trust already."

"I'm serious."

"Where's George?"

He laughs. "But honestly, you can trust me with whatever it is." He leans in and pecks my cheek. "We'd better go now. Fred and I have a shop to open."

He kicks off into the air and waves. I wave back, and watch him go, until he and Fred are little dots in the sky, then I walk back to the castle with a broom in my hand and a silly smile plastered onto my face. As soon as I step through the doors I'm ambushed by a bunch of kiwi girls.

"We saw everything! Are you together yet?" Says Emma-Leigh.

"Look at her face." Says Hazel. "They're definitely dating."

"Is it that obvious?" I say.

"You look like a lovesick puppy." Says Sydney.

"That was adorable, though!" Olivia squeals.

I giggle. "I admit, it was cute. He admitted he liked me right before the kiss."

Everybody squeals, then they drag me to the common room to ask questions. Soon, it's time to go to bed, and I dream of a sweet redhead.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()

"Belle, we have D.A.D.A today." I hear Hermione mumble. "Get up."

I roll ove and fall out of bed. "I'm tired."

"What happened with George yesterday?"

I perk up at the sound of his name.

"Well..."

"Just kidding, I already know."

"How?"

"Well, we go to Hogwarts, don't we? Word around here spreads faster than a hippogriff."

I snort. "I've never heard that one before."

"I got it from Ron."

"Naturally."

"Now hurry up, you need to go to D.A.D.A."

"I'll just skive. The twins gave me a massive pack of them."

So when the time comes, I skive. Along with half my class. Hermione stares at everyone angrily, but doesn't say something. I wink at her as I leave. I spend the rest of the hour studying, because O.W.L.s are coming up. Hazel decides to help Peeves with his mission from the twins. I can tell because there's toilet paper everywhere.

Let's just say Umbridge isn't happy. The next day at breakfast she pretty much yells at us, but I tune it out with my music. I see Hazel doing it too. Luckily Umbridge doesn't notice. The phones are invisible.

For the rest of the term before OWLs start, I skive off DADA. Dumbledore's army is officially busted as well, so I don't have any meetings to look forward to. All I can do is study hard and hope to get a good grade in potions.

I suck at potions. I don't even know it works, since I'm Severus Snape's daughter.

He must be so disappointed. At least I can do the blood replenishing potion. Sort of.

"Belle!" Hermione hisses quietly, during History Of Magic OWLs. "What's up with Harry?"

My eyes widen. "Don't you dare let him do what he's going to do when he wakes up. Oh snap. It's here. Well, it's going to happen anyway. I wanted to spare him the sadness. Try to stop him."

"What's up?"

"Sirius is going to 'die'."

"Poor Harry."

"Yeah, that kid's going to have the most heart-breaking reaction. On the bright side, this is Hazel's time to shine."

"Yeah, baby!" Hazel whispers from beside me.

"But Harry..." Says Hermione.

"We've been through it. I remember when I was trying to convince myself that Sirius didn't die, so I wouldn't have anything to cry about. Then I realised I was crying over a stack of paper." I say. Hazel nods beside me.

"And there was that other death." She says in a tone that can only mean Fred.

"Yeah." I say quietly. "Poor boy."

We turn to see Harry jerk awake. Hazel grins like a maniac.

"Hazel." I say. "You should at least try to look like you feel sorry for him. His godfather is about to be cut off from him for about 21 years. That's about the age gap between us and him. It's a long time. Well, not long enough for Lily and James, but you know what I mean."

She rearranges her face so she looks more sympathetic. Hazel Ruby Kate Osgood is a great actress, you've gotta admit.

______________________

Next chapter is Hazel's moment in the spotlight. Sirius will kind of hang out in the hideout room for a while.

21 years, actually.

Anyway....

QOTC: least favourite house?

Please vote! I love votes!

Thanks again for reading this. 5 thousand reads. Wow.

~Ericano