57. The battle

I'm going to skim over most of the stuff happening in the battle, by the way. If you want the actual scene, you could watch the movie or read the book or something.

After the test, we try to stop Harry. Of course, he doesn't give in. That means that we have to settle for the whole floo thing, then travelling by thestral. I don't have to join the death eaters on this, since they think it would be better for me to 'pretend' to be on Harry's side.

I don't need to pretend, but whatever.

I actually think for most of the battle that Sirius won't come. We have the prophecy and everything. Sadly, he just has to defend his godson. I sigh and move to a good place to cast the spell when the time comes. Hazel gets into position as well. We make eye contact and she nods slightly. I make Sirius invisible, while he ducks as he was told to. Hazel makes it look like he's dead. Poor Harry.

Hazel runs behind a rock and puts her hand out. I see her sigh in relief as her hand touches someone invisible. She does this while I try to hold Harry back. His reaction makes me cry, actually. I can see everybody is distressed by his yelling as well. I look at Lupin and he looks absolutely destroyed.

Nice acting, Moony. Of course he knows, he's part of the Order. We've already promised to let him visit Sirius to keep him company.

I really hate putting Harry through this, though. He'll probably kill us when he finds out we did this to him.

Soon, he's pulled himself together long enough to shoot curses at Bellatrix or whatever. I look around at the chaos. A spell hits me, and the ground rushes up to meet me.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

I wake up with a hand holding mine. I'm in a hospital bed, in Hogwarts. My eyes won't open, but I'm awake. I feel a thumb slowly rubbing the back of my hand. I hear someone come in.

"George, you've got to go now. You've been here for too long." Says the voice of Madame Pomfrey. "Get some sleep."

"I'm not tired." He yawns. "I want to be here when she wakes up."

"She might not wake up for a while."

It's quiet for a bit. Finally, my eyes open, and meet the brown ones of George Weasley.

"What happened?" I mumble. "My face hurts."

"You got hit with a spell and you fell on your face." Says Madame Pomfrey.

"How long ago was that?"

"The holidays started yesterday." Whispers George.

"Wow."

"I've been able to give you the more important treatments. Your father wants to see you." Says Madame Pomfrey. "Do you want me to get him?"

I look at George. "Have you joined yet?" He nods, and I give Madame Pomfrey a thumbs up. She hurries out.

"So who's your dad?"

I cringe. "Don't freak out, I'll tell you everything at Grimmauld. Just keep in mind that if I like the guy, how bad can he really be?"

Severus walks in and looks down at me. I beam up at him, my face still aching.

"Hi."

"Thank Merlin you didn't die." He says quietly, like he's trying to make sure George doesn't hear.

I smile. "I just fell on my face. What curse was that? Who shot it?"

"I don't know. I think it was meant for one of the other students. I'm not sure which curse either, I've never seen it before. It definitely made sure you were in here for a while."