7. Thats a smile, people

"So how do you plan to defend Potter and his followers?"

"Ha ha... I can't..." I say. Snape smiles.

OMIGOD SNAPE SMILED BECAUSE OF ME I'M DYING!

"So how do we continue the treatment then?"

"Hazel." I say simply. Lucky for us she's in practically in love with Sirius Black so she can show Snape that the marauders aren't that bad.

"I shall contact Professor Dumbledore and he will send her in. He is currently helping her with her disillusionment charm. Teaching a first year a spell like that..." He shakes his head.

He contacts Dumbledore using Legilimency and I sit quietly, waiting for Hazel to burst in through the doors. She proceeds to do exactly that as she arrives.

"Hi Snape!" She exclaims and Snape scowls.

"That's sir to you. You happen to be defending my enemies and saving one. Even though your best friend saw the good in me, as Lily did, you may only call me sir."

Hazel nods slowly. "Yeah, I get it. So where's the list?"

"Here." I hand it over to her and she whistles.

"So basically she'll say something to back up everything they did and I'll put it in nicer terms because you hate them and Hazel just adores them so..." I trail off and Hazel claps her hands.

"Let's do this." She looks down at the list. "Sure James was a big head but he knew when someone is in need of a helping hand." Snape opens his mouth to argue but I gently hold up one finger and he stops and lets Hazel carry on. "He was one of the most loyal people you could ever meet. He never immediately judged you."

This time I open my mouth and say something. "Yeah right. He hated Snape the minute he set eyes on him!"

"Let me continue please. So yeah, you could counter that with Professor Snape but he only teased him because he thought that if he could beat him at something, Lily would think he was the better one. He was jealous."

Snape stares open mouthed at her. I do too.

"That's no way to deal with jealousy!" I exclaim. "Snape deserved her more! He was willing to do anything and you know that!"

"Let me finish my rant! He didn't hesitate to defend Lily and Harry even though it was useless without a wand. He raised his fists and threatened Voldemort."

"I never knew he tried to defend her... Without a wand..." Whispers Snape. "But it was not brave of him to bully me like that. Although I am flattered that he was jealous and I accept his reasons for not liking me, I do not accept what he did with that jealousy. It may not be hate anymore, especially since he died protecting Lily, but I still strongly dislike him and his followers."

"It's an improvement." I say. "I'm really glad you decided to go through with the whole fake your death thing by the way. And now, after this, maybe your life will be better."

"Don't make me get over her though. I can't stand the thought and I won't go through that even if you put the torture curse on me. Lily is my everything. Always."

"Always." I repeat quietly. "I would never make you do that. Ever. You're like your Patronus, fragile and beautiful. You're not bitter, or sour. You're just hiding your true colours. We need more people like that. I think getting rid of that unconditional love for Lily would ruin that doe."

He nods silently and everyone is quiet for a while.

"Can I take this to my common room?" Says Hazel, holding up the list. "I'll write down some stuff defending the others and give them to Isabelle and she can show you next Monday."

"Okay."

"Great. Well, I guess I'll leave. Unless there's anything more you want."

"No."

Hazel leaves and I turn to Snape. "Do you want me to go too? I can tell this while thing is hard for you. Especially with all of that stuff about James."

"Yes, I think you're right. Thank you once again for choosing to save my life. You could have chosen anybody, but you chose me. You're on my side."

"Always." I whisper as I turn and exit.

Then I run to my dorm to do homework, and fall asleep in the middle of my potions essay.

_____________________

Pretty short chapter but I wanted to upload something :/

So yeah, Hazel's argument was H. Osgood's actual reply to all of this, since she's who Hazel Osgood was based off.

Check out HRKOsgood for me! She's an amazing person and an awesome potwintoe.

If you know what that is, of course.

I'm starting a question of the chapter!

Who is your favourite character and why?

Comment, vote, fan even

Thanks for reading this super long authors note and this book!

~Ericano