Chapter 17 (Final Chapter) O.O

I can't believe this story is almost over! :O I hope you like this final chapter guys! Thanks to all the voters and commenters! (Don't think commenters is a real word...) And all my silent readers as well! I love you all ;)

Chapter 17

Tina's POV

Thanks to my enhanced sight I see Jayden turn straight away by the side of the stage. He runs on to the stage and to me. I nod to him just as the door bursts open and our 'reinforcements' as such coming racing through, I just have enough time to quickly scour the faces. There are quite a few I don't recognise. However, here are some that I can guess.

Darren is at the head of it all, leading them as we planned. On either side of him are two people that I don't know, but I'd guess they were his parents as they all look very similar. To the left, next to Darren Mum, are my parents (Tim and Jill). And to the right, Next to Darren's Dad, are two people who look like they could be Jayden's parents. Behind them are two people, both very alike and I'd guess they were twins, they also look very similar to Jayden, so I guess he must have younger, twin sisters. And behind them are rows of people that I don't know, but I guess they are all here to fight for the cause, to fight for what's right.

God, I sound so cheesy right now.

Just as I jump to run and help them fight, two arms grab my waist and pull me backwards. To my surprise, though, they are not rough in pulling me back, they are... almost protective, loving. I turn to the left and find that my brother has managed to break through Phoenix's control.

"Stephen!" I cry happily.

He smiles at me, not saying anything, but just smiling. It was a happy, proud smile, yet it was sad at the same time - as if he was telling me that this was the last time I'd see him.

"No. No, There has to be a way, I will save you, Stephen!" My eyes start to water, but I refuse to let them fall.

He shakes his head, "It's too late."

"No! It can't be! I can't lose you, not again!" I can't help it now, a tear runs down my cheek, followed by two more, until they were running freely down my face.

"You've been doing fine without me, Tina. I'm so proud of you, you know that, right?"

I nod, unable to speak with a lump in my throat the size of a golf ball.

"Good." He resolves, relieved, "I love you, Tina. Always have, always will. Some stupid, evil spirit inside of me won't change that."

"Please, just fight! Hold him off. I'll find a way! I will! Darren and Jayden and Kaycee and everyone else, we'll find a way! Together."

"You like him, don't you. Darren?" It wasn't a question, not really - it was a statement.

I remain silent for a few seconds, then nod. After what happened in the car earlier, I can't deny it, I did. I liked the idiot. Stephen smiles at my answer.

"Thought so... I'll always be with you, Tina, always. Watching over you."

Even though I knew it, I still couldn't believe that there wasn't a way to save him.

"There has to be a way!" I whisper, though it was more like I was trying to convince myself, not him.

Stephen shakes his head, "There isn't. I'm sorry, Tina." He doesn't wait for a reply, he carries on hurriedly, "I can feel him taking over now, Tina. I'm going to let go, you'll have about two seconds to kill him."

"How?"

"I know you'll think of something. You're smart, unlike me. You mustn't blame yourself for this, if it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I fell for his tricks all those years back, it's time for me to face the consequences. It's actually quite relieving, in a way. I won't have to worry about him hurting people; I won't have to worry about him hurtingyou. Dying is... it's peaceful. You'll see me again; though, not too soon - I hope." He playfully warns me, before becoming serious and asking me the dreaded question, "...Are you ready?"