Chapter 47: Sorry [/]

Mulai dari awal

Of Dayana's endless and unanswered questions.

Of Rayna crying her heart out.

Of hospital gowns and the same white walls he was standing in now.

"How about you go and find for Ana?" Joel suggested. He glanced at Sylvia and shoved his shaking hands into his pockets. "I'm sure she'll want to know that he's finally awake."

"Yea, I'll do that."

If Sylvia had any concern, he was glad she didn't question him.

Joel watched her enter the elevator before retreating to the steaming cups of coffee on the seats. He carried the tray and returned to the room.

"The weather outside is chilly. Drink it while it is still hot," Joel said, handing a cup to each of them. Both of them thanked him momentarily before Christopher launched into an explanation of events.

It all went by in a blur, with Joel catching just enough words here and there to make out the situation. According to his story, Anaeya had made it clear that she didn't want him back and Christopher tried to prove his loyalty by staying.

Literally.

Outside her apartment.

Joel didn't exactly blamed Erick when the boy facepalmed.

"Que? Lo hice para declarar mi amor," Christopher scowled, defending himself.

"Casi te congelas y mueres!" Erick scolded.

"I have to agree with Erick. That's not how you should get her attention, Chris," Joel interfered. "We get it but its just- not how the way things work. You frightened everyone."

"Yea, what you did, man," Erick added. "Es loco."

"We had to cancel the surprise concert next week because you were sick. You're lucky we have not announced the locations, otherwise Ricky would murder us. And Clara had to postpone the filming to next month."

"I don't care about the stupid concert or music video now, Joel. It can wait. Anaeya cannot. She is avoiding me now, what should I do?"

The two boys softened, exchanging a look.

"Rayna said to give her some space," Erick mumbled. Joel quirked an eyebrow him, knowing just enough that Erick weren't talking to each other. "Ana necesita algo de tiempo sola."

"But it had already been a few days."

"Chris, calm down." Joel paused. "I - Rayna says that Anaeya went through a lot after we left Miami. She even said that Ana will talk to you when she is ready."

"Yo confio en Rayna," Erick blurted. "She's knows her sister."

"Why can't you ask Rayna?" Chris pleaded, then turned his head to Joel. "What about Syl?"

"Bro, I don't think it is even my place to ask. You should directly ask Ana yourself," Joel mumbled. "But she needs some alone time now. She'll tell you, I'm certain." Deep down, Joel actually wasn't.

"And even if Rayna knows about it, she wouldn't tell me," Erick quickly added. "Maybe.. maybe, she's tired of it."

"What are you talking about?"

"I think what Erick means is that given what she had been through, - before she met you, of course - she have doubts," Joel explained. "As strong as she was, maybe she just couldn't fight the boogeyman in her head."

~~~~~○~~~~~

That night, Christopher woke up again, feeling thirsty. He carefully sat up, wincing as he felt weak. Suddenly, something caught his eye and he glanced at the sofa to find a certain girl asleep on it.

Anaeya.

She was curled up on the sofa with her back against him.

He quickly got out of bed, dragging the intravenous drip with him as he placed one hand against the wall to support himself. He went over to the empty bed at the far corner of the room and took the blanket, gently spreading it over the girl.

Then, he froze when he heard her murmuring his name. A few drops of tears rolled down the girl's cheek as she sobbed in her sleep, clutching her rosary to her chest.

Was this his doing? he thought. Was she crying because of him? Did she hurt herself the other day because of him?

"Lo siento, mi amor," he whispered, kissing her forehead. "I'm sorry for whatever I had done."

Unlike the many times he had done before, he could not affirm that a kiss was enough to chase her nightmares away. But it was enough to conjure them again.

What do you think Christopher should do? Should he follow the boys' suggestion and back away? Is it time for him to leave and move on like Ana?

Find out what happens in the next chapter update tomorrow!