Chapter 48: Tears [/]

Christopher ducked down from the window and pressed himself against the wall as a yellow car drove by

Christopher ducked down from the window and pressed himself against the wall as a yellow car drove by. It slowly came to a stop in front of the apartment.

He had no intentions of getting caught and returning to the hospital.

He wanted to see her.

He wanted to see Anaeya.

A familiar girl stepped out of it, thanking the driver before walking up the steps of her apartment.

Christopher heard the door being unlocked and clung to the banister. He overheard her greeting the landlady downstairs and cursed when the lady said that someone was waiting for Anaeya. Soon after, he heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Are you going to come out now?" It was Anaeya. She sighed. "Or do I have to call Clara?" He bit his lips, contemplating. "Erick told me you ran away. You should know better than to leave the hospital, Christo, you almost froze to death. You haven't fully recover."

He kept silent.

"Fine!" she scowled, unlocking the door. "I'll go call Clara. Maybe I'll even call your mom if it means getting you back to the hospital. The flight I arranged for her last night had been rescheduled to tomorrow."

Christopher peered down from the banister, catching her figure stepping into the apartment.

He took the stairs two at a time and managed to slip into the apartment before she could close the door, earning a glare from her which felt like a stab. Anaeya was never this angry and unwelcoming.

"Anaeya, please," he pleaded, holding her shoulders. "Just listen for a bit. I just got back from the hospital and I want to talk to you."

"Por favor, Chris," she said, avoiding his gaze. "Leave me alone."

"I'm not leaving," Christopher answered, firm. "I'm going to stay here."

"Fine, I'll leave then," Anaeya said, pushing his hands away. She reached for her phone and began dialling as he watched her.

"Anaeya," Christopher uttered. But she ignored.

"Hello? Erick.. Erick, he's here.." the girl trailed off as Christopher pulled the phone out from her palm and ended the call. She fought him for the phone.

"Stop it! Anaeya, stop it!" The girl shook her head. "Anaeya!" he said, yelling. She gasped, even he himself was shocked by his own outburst. "You can't avoid me forever. And I'm not leaving you again. I'm sorry."