Chapter 38

Third Person POV:

Lexi and Maverick were very two different people.

Twenty two year old Lexi DeFluer was the leader of a rebellion, and caretaker of probably over a thousand people in the utopia she designed for survivors of the Sins Invasion.

She was once innocent and a happy high school girl until the Sins Invasion took over her life.

Her boyfriend Liam Crest disappeared to keep everyone he cared about, out of harm's way, her parents and sister died from a car crash, all of her family members died, except her niece Belle, and her best friend Johnny died from a stab at the heart.

Lexi then turned into a violent and stubborn woman who knew what pain was.

Maverick Sean was the insane man who started the Sin Invasion. Having problems with his anger, it made his last bit of sanity disappear.

His insanity cost him the deaths of his wife and kids. He made an entire army, all patients from five different asylums. With all that time he spent at the mental hospital, he thought of everything that he needed for his Sins Invasion. He got his followers, then his dominance on a few towns, then soon after, the whole population of France.

But they were a little bit of the same.

Lexi's pain and Maverick's pain led them to construct their own armies and fortresses. Their horrible memories still haunt them, after five years of the invasion. They killed their enemies, hoping that the pain will stop, but they kept resurrecting themselves in their minds.

But they were still very different.

Lexi wants to end the Sins Invasion in order for the survivors in hiding, or back at the utopia, to live normal lives again.

Maverick wants Lexi and her rebellion to die, and let his precious invasion to reign forever.

***

As Maverick and his Sins Army rode towards Licht, Maverick's excitement grew. He imagined blood all over the ground. Screams of the slain and suffering. Stabs from knives, shings of swords, and bullets flying hoping to fly in their destined targets.

The neighborhoods of Licht were more damaged than all the other neighborhoods in Saxon, Hexville, Jackson, and Harbor Village.

The houses looked as if there was an air raid. The roofs had an opening and had dried blood on the walls. Just a disaster.

But to Maverick, it was a work of art.

"Are there any orders I should carry out to the soldiers?" Keith asked Maverick. In that insane mind of Maverick's, there was nothing he could think of.

"Nothing. But be patient," Maverick said.

Then he evilly grinned. "The rebellion needs to be fully prepared, since they're so serious about this war."

Keith nodded and stood patiently with the Sins Soldiers.

***

"I miss them already."

That was the first thing Belle had said in over four hours. Ever since Lexi and the army left to Licht, Belle stayed mute.

"Me too," Aiden said. He hugged Gwen since she was close to crying.

Bonnie stayed quiet. She didn't know how to feel about all this. Both of her brothers were going at war, against each other. Her biological brother, and the brother that raised her through the five years of the Sins Invasion.

She tried remembering who these people were and how they were close to her. But Bonnie still couldn't remember.

Belle hugged Bonnie from behind. Bonnie looked behind her and Belle covered her face on her back. Belle's breathing was heavy, and she was trembling.

"Belle?" Bonnie turned around and hugged Belle back. And Belle broke down instantly.

"I want her back! I want all of them back! I don't care if it's only been hours, I want them to come back!"

"Belle, calm down," Aiden said, hugging Belle now.

"I'm so scared," Belle whimpered, and Bonnie saw all the pain the five year old girl had.

"Auntie Lexi is the only blood family I have. I can't lose her. I already lost my parents. Auntie Lexi was my mother."

Gwen tried calming her down, but nothing. Belle's whimpers made the pain a little bit worser than it already was. Her tears made Gwen want to run to Licht and drag Lexi back to the utopia.

But she couldn't. She could only take care of the kids and help the people around the utopia.

Bonnie looked at Belle for a second, and then put her hands on Belle's cheeks. She was just looking at Belle's eyes. No one said anything, just complete silence.

Gwen and Aiden were looking at Bonnie and Belle, who were just staring at each other.

And then Belle calmed down. The tears stopped, and she began wiping at her wet cheeks.

"What exactly did you do?" Aiden asked Bonnie.

"I don't know. I just did it," Bonnie responded.

Gwen looked at the girl with such curiosity.

Kite told her everything about Josh and Bonnie, about how they had a very close brother and sister relationship. She remembered Kite saying that there were a few moments where time just stands still, and Bonnie made things alright.

"Let's go to my house," Gwen said, and the kids walked with her.

***

Lexi was quiet the entire ride so far. Her eyes were focused on the road, but her mind was somewhere else.

Her mind was thinking about gods against gods. Maverick versus herself. Josh versus Maverick's right hand man, Keith. Her army versus Maverick's army.

She was thinking about different imaginations about what was going to happen. She didn't even think that the battle strategy will work. Her fear was rising. Until Liam's hand rested on her shoulder.

Lexi tensed up, but then she relaxed.

"It's okay, baby," Liam soothed her. "I'm scared too."

"Everyone is scared. We're obviously not the only ones. And we have families at home. We need to win this."

"I know, baby. I know."

"We have to," Lexi said. Tears were threatening to come out, but not right now. Lexi cleared her mind and looked straight ahead. She had reached the neighborhoods of Licht.

And there she saw Maverick and his Sins Soldier army, waiting for them.