Chapter 29

Third Person POV:

Maverick is sitting on his "throne" inside his "castle." He was enjoying a glass of wine until a Sins Soldier walks towards him.

"Sir, the prisoner has escaped."

"Josh? My favorite one?"

"Yes Sir."

"Well, damn. No matter! I'm still having fun with this lovely invasion!"

"And Sir? Lady Bonnie is gone. I suspect that the prisoner took her with him."

Maverick was silent for a while, but a smirk crawled up his left cheek. A new plan stirred inside his brain.

"Well, no problem! Whatever plan Little Lexi has, it won't work. The Sins Invasion will last for a hundred- no, a thousand years! And Lexi and her rebellion will have died by then.

"And for Baby Bonnie? By the time she regains her memories, Josh will have died as well, making Bonnie come back to me. After all, even though I captured her five years ago and, may have kept her prisoner ever since, I have kept her alive, safe, and healthy. Joshy should be thankful!"

"Yes, he should Sir."

"You are dismissed, Keith."

"Yes Sir."

Maverick gets back to planning and drinking his wine. But his mind trails off, and a little boy, about 3 years old, and a little girl, about 5 years old, call out to him.

"Daddy! Come play with us," the boy says with an adorable smile on his face.

"Please Daddy! We missed you," the girl says, holding a baseball in her hand.

Maverick walks towards the boy and girl, but when he stands in front of the children, they disappear into thin air.

Maverick sighs, with a tear sliding down his cheek.

Then he shakes his head back into focus. "Enough of this foolishness. Back to planning."

Josh's POV:

"You can sleep in my bed," I told Bonnie. She was wearing one of my shirts, a white one, which was obviously oversized.

"Sorry I don't have any girly pajamas, and no one else has pajamas your size."

"It's okay," she responded smiling. She yawned, so I carried her and placed  her on my bed. I covered Bonnie with my blanket, then got off the bed.

"I'm gonna go downstairs, call me if you need anything," I told her. I was going to walk out of the door, but then I heard Bonnie whimpering.

"Wait! I get scared when I sleep. Can you please stay with me?" Bonnie asked. In her eyes were sudden fear, and my heart ached.

"Okay," I said. I climbed into bed next to Bonnie.

Her head rested on my forearm and my arms hugged her. Bonnie's tiny hands tried to wrap around my waist and her face was against my chest.

"Good night," Bonnie said. "And thank you."

"Good night, you're welcome," I said, kissing her forehead, but her slow breathing told me she was already asleep.

Lexi's POV:

"Hannah?" I was standing on the porch of Hannah, the twins, and Justin's house. I just knocked on their door, waiting for one of them to answer. The one to answer the door was Olive.

"Hey dollface, is Hannah here?" I asked Olive.

"Yeah, she's in her room. Come in."

"Thank you." I walked inside, and Justin was sleeping on the couch.