Chapter 25

Lexi's POV:

I woke up with no Belle or Liam, but our dog Ellie. She jumps happily when I open my eyes and starts licking my face. I pick her up and kiss the top of her head.

"Do you know where Belle and Liam are?" I ask Ellie. It's silly to ask the puppy, but hey I have to admit, I have mad dog whisperer skills.

'They just went downstairs,' I heard Ellie say.

I cock my eyebrow up, giving Ellie my "you better not be lying to me" look. Ellie whimpered innocently, telling me that she wasn't lying.

"Okay. I'm taking your word for it," I say to Ellie, and the cute puppy just licks my face again. As I slowly go down the staircase, I smell something good. Food? Real food?

I come downstairs to see breakfast on the table. Eggs, bacon, pancakes, and Italian sausages. Orange juice in a glass. But there was only one plate set on the table.

"Surprise!" my beautiful niece exclaims as she jumps on me. I catch her on time and kiss the top of her head.

"Morning, enfant," I said. I see Liam behind her, just smiling at me. I look at him with confusion.

"We made you breakfast," Liam told me. He guided me to the dining table and gestured me to sit on the chair.

I sat down, looking down at the food. "What's this for?" I asked Liam and Belle.

"We wanted you to have a good breakfast," Belle said, smiling at me. "Don't worry, we already ate. Eat up, Auntie!"

"Alright," I said, and started eating.

My first bite was from the Italian sausages, and my mouth nearly watered. I tried the eggs, and my mouth was satisfied by the taste. Then I tried the pancakes, and they were sweet and fluffy. Now the bacon. I took a bite from the bacon, and the crispiness and juiciness of the bacon already made me satisfied with my breakfast.

"Is it good?" Liam asked. I nodded my head and went right back to eating. I haven't had a real good breakfast in years. Belle giggled and kissed my cheek.

"I'm going to play with Aiden. Bye Auntie Lexi! Bye Uncle Liam!" Belle said, running out of the house.

I dropped my fork, and I looked at Liam with wide eyes. He looked at me with the same face. Then Liam smiled at me.

"What?" I asked. "What's with the smile?"

Liam walked toward me and kissed my forehead. "Nothing." Nothing? What the hell?

"I'll leave you to your breakfast. I'll get changed in a few minutes and we can just walk around the utopia," was all Liam said before he ran upstairs.

***

Just when I was done eating my breakfast, Liam was running down the stairs, already done changing. Just in black skinnies, white v-neck, and black army boots.

"Done, princess?" Liam asked.

"Princess?" I cocked my eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, don't you remember? I used to call you that," Liam smiled at me.

I go back to my memories, and he was right.

Every time we were with each other, he called me "princess" or "petite princesse". I mentally smile at the memory, and Liam kisses my cheek.

"Go get dressed," he says to me.

"What?" I ask him.

"Get dressed. And wear something nice. I know we're just walking around the utopia, but um...."

"Hm?"

"I know it's not the time, but..."

"But what?" I patiently ask.

"Will you go on a date with me? I know that with what's happening now, it's not the perfect time. But if something happens to one of us, we should at least have one more happy memory together," Liam sighs out. Liam then closed his eyes and slumped his head down.

Then something crazy happened. The corners of my mouth felt out of control. Then when Liam looked up, his face looked really happy.

I was smiling again. A little smile though, just like at the hospital.

"Yes. Yes I will go on a date with you," I say, still smiling. Liam picked me up from my seat and twirled me around. I giggled, then Liam stopped.

"Oh God I miss that sound," Liam said, pressing his forehead onto mine. I kissed his forehead and started up the stairs.

"Don't tell anyone about me smiling yet," I said to Liam. "I know they would be pissed if they found out about me smiling without them seeing. Especially Belle. Besides, they'll really see me smile and laugh like crazy when the Sins Invasion is finally over."

"I promise I won't tell. Cross my heart, and hope to die," Liam swore to me.

"Give me ten minutes!" I say to Liam, then run up the remaining steps.

I'm braiding my hair and running to my room. My long black night hair is finally braided, luckily my hair gets wavy easily in a few minutes.

I open my closet and look at my clothes. Alright, this is actually easy, I think to myself.

I put on a tight red crop top, black high-waisted jeans, and my black combat boots. Luckily, my bandage wraps weren't showing. I then put on thin eyeliner and cherry chapstick. 

I looked in the mirror, and I actually say, "Wow." How did I manage to choose this without the girls?

I go downstairs, and Liam is sitting on the couch, just waiting. I quietly walk toward him, and when I'm in front of him, he looks up and is stunned.

"Wow, you look.... amazing," Liam says, still amazed at what I'm wearing.

"You did say that I should wear something nice, so I picked this," I said. "Do you like it?"

"I love it," he breathes out. "You look beautiful."

Liam walks toward me and rests his hands on my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck so that we're looking eye to eye. I looked in those coffee bean brown eyes of his and I nearly melted.

I guess Liam saw that feeling inside of me because he chuckled and kissed my forehead. Then he rested his forehead on mine like he always does, and said, "We should go."

"Yeah, we should," I said to him, and we walked toward my front door. Liam opened the door for me, like a gentleman. I kissed his cheek and walked out and then waited for him on the side. He closed the door and then we started walking around the utopia.

Belle's POV:

"Don't make yourself noticable!" I whispered loudly to Aiden.

Aiden and I were behind some bushes near my house. We wanted to see how Auntie Lexi and Uncle Liam's date was.

We finally saw Auntie Lexi and Uncle Liam walking out of the house. My God Auntie, you look gorgeous!

"Dude, your Auntie Lexi looks pretty," Aiden whispers to me.

"I know! I'm surprised she didn't need Auntie Hannah's help choosing her outfit!" I whispered back.

"It's great how Liam thought of this for Lexi."

"Yup, I'm happy for Auntie Lexi. I hope Liam will be my uncle soon."

"Shh! I see them coming!" Aiden grabbed my shoulder to hide us deeper into the bush.

They were having a conversation, and Auntie Lexi looks so deep into the conversation. I wonder what they're talking about.

"Aiden! Belle! Where are you two?" we heard Gwen call to us.

"Man! I wanted to see how their date goes," Aiden said.

"Come on, let's go before Gwen gets mad. Auntie Lexi or Uncle Liam will tell me how their date went, then I'll tell you," I said smiling.

"Alright," Aiden smiled back at me. He grabbed my hand and we started running towards Aiden's house.