Chapter 7

Liam's POV:

It's already nighttime.

It's been four hours since I've been at Kite's house, playing with Belle.

Kite came to the house for two hours, then he said that he was going to feed the lions and lionesses with some of the antelope meat.

I was now playing hide and seek with Belle and her dog Ellie, and it's hard to find a tiny girl in a big ass house.

"Belle? Where are you? Ellie?" I yelled across the house.

I heard a yelp and I followed the sound to between the chairs in the kitchen. From there, I saw a giggling Belle and whimpering Ellie. Belle grabbed Ellie in her arms and got out from between the chairs. She attempted to run away from me, but it only took me two steps before I scooped Belle up in my arms and chuckled when she tried to jump out.

"S'il vous plaît laissez-moi aller," Belle pleaded with puppy eyes. Dammit, I thought, and I gently set her little two feet on the floor. She ran to the couch and placed Ellie there.

Then she ran back to me with a wide smile. Oh no, this was the face when she was going to-

"Attack!" Belle yelled, right before she jumped on me and landed on my face. She wrapped her arms around my head and her legs around my neck tightly.

Merde, I thought. This is the third time she did this. I slowly put my hands on Belle's waist and....... tickled the crap out of her!

Belle was laughing like crazy. "Arrêtez, s'il vous plaît! Tu me tues!" she begged me. Then Ellie started barking at me and I stopped tickling Belle. I put my hands up in surrender and laughed.

"Thank you so much Ellie!" Belle chuckled. She ran to Ellie and hugged her. "C'est mignon," I said, rubbing Belle's forehead.

I heard the front door open and Kite came in.

"You're back!" Belle exclaimed and ran to hug Kite. He picked her up and chuckled when Belle wrapped her little arms around his neck.

"Comment va mon petit ange?" Kite asked. "I'm okay," Belle smiled.

"Ange, your Auntie Lexi called me over to your house. She gave me some of your pajamas so you can sleep here for the night. Is that alright with you?" Kite asked Belle.

Belle's red eyes looked kind of sad when Kite said that, but after a few seconds, she said, "It's fine. I just hope Auntie Lexi is calm tomorrow."

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot," Kite said, then looked at me. "Lexi also told me that since she agreed to you staying at their house but today she's mad, you're staying here too. You're gonna help me take care of Belle since both of you are here."

"Alright," I smiled.

I sat on the couch and started thinking about things that were happening now. Lexi changing, what happened to Lexi in the past when I left, her niece, people who died, the Sins Invasion. All these things flowed through my mind at the same time. Lexi changed from a cheerful girl to an emotionless person.

She built this whole utopia, she rescued any survivor she could find, she hunts with some people in our army, and she's got the skills of a cold blooded killer.

She lost her entire family, but Belle. Lexi and Belle are the only DeFleurs left. She doesn't smile or laugh anymore. The thought of it made my heart drop fast in my stomach. It hurts me, thinking that Lexi won't smile or laugh anymore.

All the memories of Lexi laughing or smiling flowed in my head. Her smile made my heart feel a warmess and that made me happy. Her laugh sounded so cute. How can that be gone in a snap? I felt like crying, but no way in hell will I ever do that.