Chapter 37

Third Person POV:

Maverick stood in front of his Sins Soldiers, who were obviously ready for war against Lexi and her lackeys.

Their faces are expressionless, but in their eyes, they are holding in their excitement for wallowing in the blood they planned to spill.

In the insane minds of each Sins Soldier, they think of nothing except their hunger for blood.

They imagine horrifying screams of their future victims, as blood pours out of their bodies. Their skin going pale, their lips maybe turning blue, and their dead eyes still showing that scared look. After all, they were the insane patients of five different asylums.

But in Maverick's mind, he wasn't thinking about anything. Not the war, not his Sins Soldiers, nothing. There was complete static. If you were to somehow be inside the insane mind of Maverick, the static would have your ears ringing vigorously, then the ringing would make your ears probably bleed to death.

And then a smile creeped upon Maverick's face. His mind was filled with violent thoughts and he was now cackling.

"My soldiers! Today is the day we make our lovely invasion prosper!" Maverick shouted, and the Sins Soldiers roared in excitement.

"We will, at last, defeat Lexi and HER soldiers. We will show them not to defy us!" And the soldiers roared again.

"Ricky, where's Jocelyn and Cam?"

Maverick and Allison, his wife, were playing hide and seek with their children.

Allison playfully asked him where five year old Jocelyn and three year old Cam were, even though they knew exactly where they were. Because of their giggling, they knew they were hiding under the dinner table.

"I don't know, darling! But do you hear that?" Maverick smirked and looked at his wife, who was about to laugh. And the giggling grew just a little louder.

"Why yes I do," Allison giggled herself. "Could it be our children?"

"Let's find out!" And Maverick lifted the tablecloth to see their daughter and son laughing and covering their faces.

Jocelyn was a kind, but talkative little five year old girl. She had brown hair just like her father, but it was naturally curled like her mother's. Her eyes were just a dark brown, but they showed so much love and playfulness. She had olive skin, and  on her shoulder, there was a birthmark that looked like a flower. Allison would call Jocelyn, her "little lily."

Cam was a three year old jock. He would want to play sports with his father. For just a toddler, he showed the speed of a horse with body and the mind of a monkey. He had olive skin just like his sister, and he had dimples on his cheeks. His big sister and his father would pinch or kiss his cheeks to see his dimples. Cam's eyes were a brighter brown than his sister's, but they showed the same playfulness. 

Allison had natural curly chestnut brown hair and had hazel eyes with a tint of emerald green. She had a freckles, but not that much. She was kind, strong in body and mind, and golden hearted in Maverick's eyes.

Maverick had flaws, very bad flaws apparently. But she accepted his flaws and loved him unconditionally.

"No they found us!" Jocelyn squealed to her baby brother, which made him laugh.

Allison smiled and picked Cam up and played airplane with him. "Ready for lift-off! Pssshhh, aah!" And Cam squealed in delight.

Maverick picked up Jocelyn and tickled her. She laughed and giggled, then she hugged her father. "I love you daddy!" Jocelyn looked into Maverick's eyes and kissed his cheek.

"I love you too baby." 

***

"Baby, what's wrong? Êtes-vous d'accord?" Allison asked one day when Maverick came home from work. 

"No, my head is throbbing and I feel like exploding," Maverick responded.

Jocelyn and Cam came running and giggling into the living room, but they knocked down a vase. The vase broke into little pieces, silencing their giggles.

"What the hell?!" Maverick yelled. "You broke the freaking vase!"

Jocelyn looked down with sadness, and Cam looked like he was about to cry.

"Ricky! Don't yell at them!" Allison yelled back, standing in front of her children. "It's just a vase, we can get another one."

"No, their loudness has given me headaches for the past four months, and I have been nothing but patient. Plus they broke glasses. They have done nothing but cause trouble."

"Ricky, your temper. Don't let your anger get the best of you," Allison said with an angry face. But Maverick couldn't hear anything anymore and his mind turned black.

When Maverick's mind seemed clear again, he couldn't believe his eyes.

Blood. Blood from his beautiful children. And blood from his beautiful wife.

In his hand, there was a knife. The blood from his wife and children were combined on this knife.

His head was ready to explode. He screamed out of agony.

Maverick cried tears of fear, anger, and loss. He brought his wife's and children's bodies close to him and hugged them.

"Je suis désolé, je suis désolé," he cried. 

He killed his own hazel and green tinted eyed wife, his flower birthmarked daughter, and dimpled son. Maverick still couldn't believe it.

He kissed the top of their heads and cried more tears.

***

He was the best patient the asylum had. Maverick was quiet and spoke only when he spoken to, and he took his headache pills when the nurse told him to.

Although he had a few temper tantrums, he was able to calm down.

Maverick was just sitting on his bed, in his cushioned room. Not much was running through his mind, But when there were thoughts in his head, they were mostly about his wife and kids. Memories of them together as a family made him feel sane. The memories made him calm when he had his temper tantrums.

"Mavey, it's time to take your medicine!" the nurse sang out.

Maverick turned his head and looked at the nurse. He smiled and the nurse smiled back. But her smile disappeared when Maverick's facial expression changed from innocent to evil. He attacked the nurse and ran out the room when the nurse was still on the ground.

The rest of the patients ran out of their rooms and cheered.

"Let's get out of this prison!" Maverick yelled, and his plan was taking effect, because in four different asylums, the prison breaks were happening.

Maverick's soldiers hopped into their Humvees and waited for orders. Maverick climbed into the Humvee with Keith sitting on the driver's seat.

"Aller," Maverick said. Keith started the engine then the Humvee moved forward Licht, with the rest of the Humvees trailing after them.