Chapter 24

Josh's POV:

Me, Kite, Jesse, Danny, and Phil decided to just have a walk outside the utopia. We were really worried about Lexi hunting again, but hey, we can't deny our leader.

We were walking around the neighborhoods of Saxon and Hexville for about two hours now.

It's starting to get dark. I look to my right and the sun is only inches away from disappearing.

We all had our switchblades and Kite brought his bow and arrows just in case.

Jesse felt paranoid about leaving the utopia without Lexi knowing, but we calmed him down.

And then he's been acting weird. He keeps saying that he's been hearing bushes rustling and he saw shadows at the corner of his eye.

And then Danny and Phil have been saying the same thing too. Kite and I can tell they're not lying because they're not great liars. So we all kept our guard up.

We were walking towards my old house in Saxon. My red sports car, dusty and still in the garage. I'm surprised that no one touched it.

I took a deep breath and led the guys inside my house. They knew that I was still devastated with what happened before the Sins Invasion.

It was me and the boys (Kite, Danny, Jesse, and Phil), just hanging out at my house. My mom and my younger sister named Bonnie, were in the kitchen, making chocolate chip cookies. They were making the cookies for us since we just came home from a rough day of football practice.

My mom had dark brown wavy hair, hazel eyes, rosy cheeks, and red lips. She pretty much looked like my sister's favorite Disney princess, Belle from Beauty and the Beast. She was beautiful and I respected her and loved her all of my life. She put up with my crap for a whole 17 years, and she still loved me. She gave birth to two kids and kept the family together through rough times.

My sister Bonnie looked exactly like my mom. A mini Belle I should say. At three years old, she already knew who to speak fluent French and English. She could read and write very good, and I was proud of her to be my baby sister. After Bonnie was born, my dad left us, making me the man of the house. I remember Bonnie asking when she turned two, "Big bwother, where's daddy?" Me and mom were always scared to tell her that her own father ran away after she was born. But she had to find out soon.

"I'm sorry baby, but daddy isn't with us. We don't know where he is, but your big brother and I are here when you need us," my mom said calmly. For a second, Bonnie looked like she was going to cry. But then, she smiled. We just told her that her father is gone, but Bonnie is smiling. "Is okay," Bonnie said, looking at me. Baby Bonnie held my mom's finger with her tiny left hand, and held my finger with her other tiny hand. "Wuv you," Bonnie said, and my heart jumped. She didn't care where our father was. My mom cried and hugged Bonnie.

Me and Jesse were sitting on the floor while the other guys were on the couch. We were just watching Addams Family Values, when my three year old sister opens the kitchen door, holding a tray of fresh chocolate chip cookies. 

"Cookies!" Bonnie exclaimed. Me and the boys 'awed' and Bonnie giggled.

She walked towards Jesse and handed him the tray of cookies. Jesse patted Bonnie's head and smiled, making Bonnie smile back at Jesse. I smiled to Bonnie and said, "Thanks for the cookies, kid. Tell mom that we say thank you."

"Okaaaay," Bonnie smiled. Then she practically climbed on me until her tiny figure was standing on my leg. It didn't hurt, thankfully.

Then Bonnie wrapped her tiny arms around my neck and kept kissing my cheek. "I love you, big brother."