Chapter 14

Liam's POV:

Hearing Lexi's story made me want to cry with her.

Just seeing Lexi so hurt, makes me feel like a jackass, knowing that I'm one of the reasons why she's so broken.

I wrapped my arms around Lexi and she cried more on my shoulder. Her hands gripped my waist to probably stop crying, but it didn't work.

"I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry. I wasn't there to help you through any of your problems, and I'm the one who made you expressionless," I whispered.

"It's okay," Lexi sniffed out. "I'd rather have expressionless Lexi than weak Lexi. I don't want to be that weak little girl anymore. I'm finally strong, strong enough to fight back to anything."

"But everyone loved the old you. We all love you still, but we miss the old Lexi," I blurted out.

"I loved your smile because it always brightened up my day. I loved your hands because whenever you placed your hands on my cheeks, they gave me a nice warm feeling. I loved laying my head on your chest because I got to hear your beautiful heartbeat every time."

Lexi's eyes grew wide as they could be and looked at me with confusion.

"And you were not weak. You were never weak. You were strong and golden-hearted. You still are."

"How can you say that? I gave you some much crap during these two months of you staying here, and the days before you were here, I hoped you were dead for leaving all the people that cared about you," Lexi said, with tears coming out even quicker than ever.

I hugged her a little bit tighter, but was careful since she was still recovering from her wounds.

"I still love you. That's why I can say that. I mean every word. From now on, I'll be by your side, whether you like or not. I don't want you to suffer anymore, but if you somehow do, then I'll suffer with you. When I wasn't with you during the Sins Invasion, I was scared shit thinking that you were dead. Then I come across the boys and an even more beautiful girl: you. I was really happy when I saw you. All my thoughts about you dying were gone. Even if you were angry with me or pissed off at me, I still love you. I would rather have an expressionless Lexi than no Lexi."

Lexi looked up at me with those cute blood ruby red eyes, and stared at my "coffee bean brown eyes", as she used to call them.

Her eyes didn't show any malice, anger, or venom, instead they showed the same eyes I remember from eight years ago. They showed innocence.

I slowly inched my face towards hers and my lips were almost on Lexi's soft pink ones. I looked into Lexi's eyes for permission, and she nodded, then closed her eyes. My palms were placed on her cheeks and brought her face closer so our lips met.

The amazing thing is that Lexi didn't kick me in the gut. She placed her right hand on my chest where my heart was and the other on the top of my left hand, to maybe bring more warmth to her face.

Belle's POV:

 I know what Auntie Lexi and Liam are doing. I mentally laughed at the thought. I just hope Auntie Lexi is happy now.

"Ange, maybe a few minutes after seeing your Auntie Lexi, we could go see the wolves?" Kite asked me. He had a puppy face, which was pretty odd to me because he never used a puppy face on anyone before, not even on Gwen.

His puppy face was adorable, though. I guess he was excited to see the wolves, since he told me he had always loved wolves as a little boy. 

"Is it okay if we pick up Aiden and Gwen?" I sweetly asked him. "It could be a date for you and Gwen! Me and Aiden will leave you alone, I pwomise," I said in my baby voice. Kite always had a soft spot for me talking like a baby.