Chapter 43

Third Person POV:

Two months. The war has been going on for a whole two months.

Gwen's stomach was showing just a bit. She was with some of the girls in the utopia, thinking of food to make when their families come home.

She wasn't as worried as she was right after the army left for battle. She had to stay calm for the baby. The support she got from everyone helped her a lot recently, and now she's more calm and collected.

Bonnie was taking care of Belle and Aiden as they were sleeping. The three of them were in Josh's room, all lying down in his big bed.

The only thing she could possibly remember was two grown men fighting. Bonnie was probably about 3 years old when it happened. The memory just came out of nowhere.

She was washing the dishes with Gwen and all of a sudden, it popped up. It stayed in her head and replayed again and again. But with each time it played in her mind, the faces got a little bit familiar.

As for Carson, he made a huge discovery.

Judging by the little marks on Bonnie's arms, Maverick DID hurt her. They looked small, but too small to be claws. When he hugged her, he noticed feeling a little bump at the back of her head.

Carson felt a bit of anger every time he hugged her because she suffered the same as he did when he was a child.

It wasn't fair that an innocent little girl like Bonnie, had gotten hit and possibly tortured, then suddenly woke up one day and did not remember anything at all.

But then again, he couldn't say anything because the same had happened to him and now he's friends with a madgirl.

A good madgirl. The madgirl who can kill the madman.

***

So much blood and gore on the battlefield. It was unbelievable to Lexi how bloodthirsty everyone was.

A whole two months of the war with Maverick and his army, and now they're resting.

Both sides were away from the battlefield, and in their MASH units. Either healing from a wound, or planning their attacks with their leaders.

***

"We need to end it TODAY. We can't leave our families for another month and make them think that we're dead," Josh said.

"We need to go through the plan. Besides, Maverick's army is reducing by the day. We have enough people alive and ready to fight again," Hannah said.

"We need to do this for the people who already died," Olive spoke up.

Everyone grew quiet in respect. The people who died on the battlefield, risked their lives in hopes to see the Invasion over and building new lives together.

It has been hard for them, but they know that it will be harder for everyone back at the utopia.

"I agree," said Lexi. "We will go through the last phase of the plan. We WILL finish this today."

Everyone nodded.

"Just don't die on me."

That's what everyone wanted to hear. The council smiled and looked at their leader.

Lexi looked back with a grin and hope in her eyes. Her left cheek had a new scar, along with a few cuts from Maverick's battles.

She thought back to the fight with Maverick. After trying to land a scratch on Maverick's face, his sword reached her face first.

Lexi was angry that he got first blood. But she vowed to drop the last of his blood.

***

Maverick laid back on his throne, that he made his soldiers build just for him.

He watched endlessly as his army was recovering from multiple stab wounds, arrows in the butt, and broken bones.

Pathetic, he thought.

He stood up, bored. He held two fingers together and pressure pointed five Sins Soldiers in the neck. They laid dead on their hospital cots, while the rest of his army grew confused.

"Why did you do that, Master Maverick?!"

"They have grown weak. They would have died easily, giving Lexi and the rest of those brats the better advantage. So if you choose to keep fighting, do not disappoint me or this WILL happen to you! I will not have weak soldiers in MY army! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!" Maverick asked irritated of their idiotic questioning.

"Y-yes Master Maverick," they all responded.

The madman sunk back into his throne, bored again.

Until he saw two children running past the soldiers. They looked at Maverick and smiled, then continued running through the many soldiers ready to fight again.

Maverick laid a hand on his forehead, and chuckled.

"Damn."